Getting to know you December 2020

56 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

Last year - With my girls and Brutus, staying up late, eating Oliebollen and Appelflappen , listening to music, watching TV and Painting minis.

Watching the fireworks.

This year.- All of the above, except the fireworks I guess, it's forbidden this year. Although there will probably some who have bought illegal stuff and will set it off anyway.

To be honest I can do without, Brutus is scared of it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

I can't remember last year's, which would indicate that it was either too great or very boring. I'm going to assume it was boring.

This year will be pretty boring as well. I'll probably find something to watch until it's time to take the girls out for their bedtime potty break, then call it a night myself. Just more of the usual.

New Year's has always been rough for me the past several years. It was when I met my ex-fiancee, and I held it as the most enjoyable holiday. The memories inevitably arise and make celebrating a bit bittersweet.

Edited by ManvsMini
dang typos
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Last year, a lady friend and I went out for dinner, a walk by the lake, drinks at a local brewery, and midnight fireworks.

This year, she's now my wife and we're aiming for a Covid-minimized version of the same. :wub:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Last year, like most years, we had a large group of friends over. We made about 3 gallons of chili and put out a big spread of snacks, drinks (both alcoholic and non), desserts and whatnot. And then played party games until midnight when the neighborhood erupts into gunfire. Once the guns start going off we know the New Year has arrived and everyone votes to decide who the winner of the gaming is. Most of the games are stuff like CAH and Telestrations, so no clear winners. The winner then receives a prize they'd probably rather not have, last year it was a bottle of cheap beer in a fancy champagne bottle, an incomprehensible card game that apparently involves drinking and a box of expired chocolates my wife's boss passed out at Christmas. Then we herd the revelers to their designated drivers' cars, ubers, and taxis and that finishes up our holiday season. 

This year... I don't know. Sleep and not get out of my PJ's for a whole day?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Last year, my friends who own the FLGS held a dry New year's party at their store. We celebrated by playing lots of games and having lots of great food. Due to COVID restrictions in the province, this year is going to be a wash.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Last year I had to work.

This year I have to work.

There's no reason for it either. All our systems are offline for the New Year Upload (not what it's actually called) where we upload all the changes to tax law so we can run the upcoming filing season. It means there's no work at work to do. There's no reason for me to be at work and yet I have to for reasons I do not yet comprehend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Odds are it will be the same thing we do every night New Year's... Be at home together with hubby, relax, and probably be gaming, painting, or just trying to sleep with people doing fireworks whenever they want to *grumbles about idiots setting them off at 02:00*

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

I haven't celebrated the New Year in quite a long time. I will continue this non-tradition this year as well.

It may not be exciting, but I can remember the night AND without wincing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

I think I spent last New Years sleeping. That or feeding the baby and hoping for sleep. 

See, I actually know why 2020 was such a crap year. For the first time in my life, I did not make or consume hopping John, first thing at the new year. It threw everything off. 

This year I will be making and then consuming hopping John.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 12/24/2020 at 8:28 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 24:

Ho ho ho. Have you ever seen a reindeer in person? If they were unavailable, what other animal should Santa use to drag a sleigh?

Yes, there is a herd at the MN Zoo.

Moose.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 25:

did anyone wake you up early this morning?

No, now that the kids are young men, I'm the early riser in the family.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

What was your favorite piece of media that premiered this year?

Peace Talks and Battle Ground by Jim Butcher.

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

We always have lobster for dinner and watch movies.  This year the boys and I want to do a LOTR marathon, but I think they have to work.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

December 28:

I spent it like I do almost every New Year's eve, I did nothing & I went to bed before midnight. Last year I did spend New Year's Day dming my Golden Ticket (ie Year's End) 5e game for the FLGS.

No plans this year, thou I do hope to playing my delayed holiday adventure this Saturday, all depends on 1 player. If we can't play, I'll probably watch the Oregon Ducks play (my 1 & only college bowl this year).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

December 28:

Last year... We stayed up late watching movies then watched the ball drop.

This year will be the same.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1