Getting to know you December 2020

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

Last year: Nothing

This year: Nothing

Next year: Nothing (probably)

Last time I can recall doing anything on New Years is 10 years ago when I had only just started dating my wife

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 27:

What was your favorite piece of media that premiered this year?

I have no idea. Memory is a funny thing. Mine isn't indexed in a way that would allow me to retrieve answers to this one.

I don't know what all premiered in 2020.

I can't readily make a list of new things I heard/saw this year.

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years [eve] last year?

Alone, …in the dark, …asleep. :mellow:

What are your plans for this year['s new years eve] ?

Hide from everyone. :ph34r: :ph34r:

What are your plans for this year, if any?

Get vaccinated. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

How did you spend new years last year? What are your plans for this year, if any?

I don't remember what we did last year. Wait, my game group had a movie party which most didn't show up for. We went home early. 

This year, I dunno.  I got wine, crackers and cheese dip so I suppose we'll eat that and go to bed early, and hope the gunshots and fireworks end before 2am. 

Plans for next year?  Wait for 2020 v2.0 to end so we can go to Reapercon. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

December 28:

Last year was myself, wife and kids watching movies until 11:58, switch over to TV to watch the ball drop, finish movie, then go to bed. We always have a meat/cheese/veggie tray and various finger foods to snack on through the evening in lieu of dinner.

This year will be the same.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

December 28:

Last year was at home, likely playing games and eating too much. New Years Day had Doctor Who.

This year will be much the same I think, hopefully with less eating too much.  And more new Doctor Who on New Years Day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

We just had a quiet Hogmanay(New Years Eve to normal people) and I was frantically trying to finish this mini before the midnight deadline for the forum contest. I made it with an hour to spare and then realized that I actually had another 7 hours to go because of the time difference :zombie:

1651594127_DSCN4008.thumb.JPG.ee3080e39c667ef0a7a6bfa54648e89d(3).jpeg.5b538633609a2d5b420af6e0701517b7.jpeg

This year it's going to be another quiet night, we'll watch the bells ring in the New Year then go back to playing co-op games on the Switch.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Plans for next year?  Wait for 2020 v2.0 to end so we can go to Reapercon. 

Reapercon we want, but we don't want a second version of 2020. We want to distance ourselves from 2020, like Microsoft did with Windows 8; rather than have a Windows 9 OS, they went straight to Windows 10 to get that much further away. I'm more than willing to time-warp to 2022.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 28:

Last year (and several years before that) it was dinner and dancing with our ballroom buddies.  This year, that won’t be happening. We’re probably having a remote family Board Games Arena night, which scratches a different fun itch entirely.  I’m really missing ballroom...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

December 28:

hmm

Last year I stayed up till midnight with Elderspawn  watching movies.  Chips soda, & possibly candy. 

This year stay up feverishly finishing  painting and basing a dragon, to meet my 3 dragons per year goal.    Elderspawn will probably hang out with me, and watch TV/read and we will watch the ball drop together.  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

December 29:

What is the best monster to send to space for the sequel?

I'm pretty certain everyone has a list of politicians they wouldn't mind sending to space and not return.

The sequel is being set every four years (varies by nation). It's like Seven Up, but with more yelling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm confused.  If this is political, we can't go there.

It's more of a reference to how series like the Friday the 13th and Leprechaun set a sequel in space.  Though, I have to admit that politicians were my first thought too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2