Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Charging Barbarian sculpted by Julie Guthrie

5 hours ago, Loim said:

Your paint skill really showcases these older sculpts. 

Thanks Loim! Even though I’m blown away by her current work, I really love these pieces from Julie Guthrie’s early career!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Rage On!

Great work again!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

That's another cool model and an awesome paint job. You did a very nice job on the skin shadows.

12 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

That's another cool model and an awesome paint job. You did a very nice job on the skin shadows.

Thanks Metal Chaos!  Skin started out with Reaper Tanned Skin and worked down and up from there.

10 hours ago, Jeepnewbie said:

Great job on that guy. Love old school minis. 

Thank you Jeepnewbie!  Yeah, I agree, this is a nice old school Julie Guthrie figure, who did great sculpts in the day, but look at what she does now as well, so beautiful her work!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Restless said:

I love the gradient on those muscles. I'm still struggling to paint gradient. Great work!

Thank you much! It’s a lot of washes and highlights!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thefub
      My first figure 2021. I started painting about 2 years and took a year+ off from it. I decided to get back into and got some new paints and brushes for Xmas. Still working on my technique and would like to hear your opinion.

• By Citrine
      This is the last mini finished in December 2020, mini number 79 of the year.  I hit 97 mini if I count large minis as 2 each.  Not too shabby, my goal was to finish 50.

So this mini is the Female Halfling II from the Julie Guthrie series 2 from Grenadier (SKU 8145).  She is the smallest mini I have painted in a long time, so I am super happy with her face.

• By Conan the Painter
      I wanted Conan.  and this looked pretty much exactly like him.  I painted him up a month or two ago, and since I already posted my wizard today I decided to post Dantrag (Conan) today as well.  Again, any tips or advice on painting or photographing will be gratefully accepted.  

• By Inarah
      Kyrie and Talnyth surveying some jungle ruins on a warm afternoon.  All seems quiet, perhaps too quiet:

What's that in the underbrush? Cuth Wolfson to the rescue!

• By 72moonglum
      And good evening to all towards the end of the year of 2020!

So I just finished this one this morning, another Wood Elf sculpted by Tom Meier for Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures and recently re-released by Ral Partha Legacy.

His eyes are very small, and I tried to stay "in the lines" but they may have slightly gotten out of their orbits.

My only other problem here was trying to figure out the colors, but hopefully what I eventually chosen doesn't clash.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)