Nice Dice find at Dollar Tree

Ratmaster2000

Ours didn't have them, and didn't even know about them. ::(:

But I DID have a Grump encounter without Grump.

When I said we may end up ordering a case, the store manager came up and told me that if we did, and wanted to get rid of some of them, he would take them for 1:1 store credit. :huh:

• Like 7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

When I said we may end up ordering a case, the store manager came up and told me that if we did, and wanted to get rid of some of them, he would take them for 1:1 store credit. :huh:

Minus shipping of course...........

We only have 1 dollar store in town, I'm not even sure what it's called, thou I think it's a D Tree. I think there is one over in a town in Ideeeho that is close. I may have to check both out. It's not like I need more dice (as I did place a order with the FLGS for the new Chessex Borealis Icicle colored dice........).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Minus shipping of course...........

We only have 1 dollar store in town, I'm not even sure what it's called, thou I think it's a D Tree. I think there is one over in a town in Ideeeho that is close. I may have to check both out. It's not like I need more dice (as I did place a order with the FLGS for the new Chessex Borealis Icicle colored dice........).

There's three major dollar stores, Dollar Tree and Dollar General are the actual ones...Family Dollar pretends to be, but tends to be a lot more expensive things.

Normally, Dollar Tree is nicer than Dollar General

• Like 4

On 12/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, PaganMegan said:

What the heck is a 'Grump encounter'?

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

Average Party Level +2?

On topic, went to the Dollar Tree in Waterford and they had bunch.  They now have about a dozen less.  Some for me, some for stocking stuffers, some to hold on to for new players.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Two things i picked up there are these ninja turtles miniatures (got all 4) that i thought were worth priming and painting.  I also saw these holiday minatures that have park benches, gas lights, and wells.   Easy to repaint and put to use.  Wouldn't have seen them if ratmaster didn't have me going in for those dice.  Good call, buddy! 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Two things i picked up there are these ninja turtles miniatures (got all 4) that i thought were worth priming and painting.  I also saw these holiday minatures that have park benches, gas lights, and wells.   Easy to repaint and put to use.  Wouldn't have seen them if ratmaster didn't have me going in for those dice.  Good call, buddy! 

Ninja turtles? Man, now I need to go back and find those:) Would be good thing to offer people who have the arcade1up Ninja turtles game cabinet:) And you are very welcome, always here to enable people:)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, R2ED said:

I try to stop in at least once a month. It can be a real haven for convertible terrain items and for scratchbuilders.   And I think there’s some YouTube channels that highlight Dollar Tree builds for gamers. 
 The main holidays, Christmas, Easter, and Halloween are usually the best times, and I seem to always find something usable. Summer too. Heck, never a bad time to go! :lol:

• Like 7

On 12/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

An encounter that missed that left turn at Albuquerque.

That campaign you ran at the retreat, the two years before I decided you were mine, wherewe went into the dragon's lair, where he was holed up in an old dwarven stronghold? And instead of attacking us, we got a lecture on economics, and hired by the dragon to find the lost heir, and bring the dwarf city BACK to being a CITY? The first character I ever had decide to retire, because she was rich beyond the dreams of avarice, after the city was refounded.

Or in the real world when we go out to look at a whirlpool, and a Nebula Award winning author strikes up a conversation with you. <_< She died last year, but I am so glad we got to meet her, even if it was just because you looked like someone she could talk with.

Or a crow suddenly decides that you look like a crow type person, so comes over and says hi.

Or I go into a shop, and the manager wants to buy stuff from ME.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I picked up 4 "Colored Toy Army Tanks" from Dollar Tree today, SKU: 313842 .

Two Tan and two Brown. I may go back and pick up two Blue and two Green later.

They are a little small for 32mm scale humans, but would work for 25mm scale.

I got them for 15mm scale human size beings wearing power armor.

I can't figure out how to link a picture that doesn't also link to their webstore, so ya'll will have to search with the info inside the quotation marks and the SKU.

Edited by Brother Jim
  • Like 4

On 12/14/2020 at 6:16 AM, Brother Jim said:

I can't figure out how to link a picture that doesn't also link to their webstore, so ya'll will have to search with the info inside the quotation marks and the SKU.

You can use the "snipping tool" in windows, and then copy that image into a post.

• Like 5

On 12/14/2020 at 12:16 AM, Brother Jim said:

Thanks Glitterwolf, I completely spaced doing that.

Here's 2 images. I'll go get measurements for ya'll if anyone wants them.

Screenshot_2021-01-14 Colored Toy Army Tanks(1).png

Screenshot_2021-01-14 Colored Toy Army Tanks.png

• Like 7