Yoshigruzu on Warugo by Glitterwolf

Glitterwolf

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

That's another impressive model. You did a great job  on them. I love the banner too.

Which printer are you using?

Thx! I use an Elegoo Mars and I print with Elegoo Grey Resin

7 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Very cool! What is your main color for the mount’s skin?

Thx! 

Scale 75 Abyssal Blue is the main colour highlighted with Scale 75 blues from their scale master colour set 

, that last one are tubes and more opaque.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By The Golem
      Hello folks! I hope you're doing well.
      My latest painted mini : a golem of woes by Rocket Pig Games.

I loved this mini as soon as I first saw it. I just HAD to paint it. It's a fun concept and the tormented faces were an absolute delight to paint. 🙂
    • By Chaoswolf
      I got this guy as part of a batch of misprints from one of the 3D vendors at Reapercon last year. They were going to throw them away, but we got to talking, and once they found out I do conversions,  they offered them to me as spare parts.

His weapon was broken off and missing, so I gave him a replacement from the weapon sprues that Reaper made a few Kickstarters ago.

The base is do 3D printed; I bought a bunch at Reapercon. 

Let me know what you think, please.

• By Mckenna35
      More like "Cosplay" Pirate Girls, but what the heck!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pirate-girls/pirate-girls-for-3d-printing/description

WELCOME TO THE PIRATE GIRLS CAMPAIGN!
       FUNDED IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
      This is a project to fund 3d files to print Pirate Girls in miniature. The girls are 4 models in 5 different outfit (20 figures) that will be unlocked and shown daily for you to discover them. All the figures will be delivered in scales 35 mm and 75 mm. In adition to that, each girl has a 1:12 scale bust. That makes a total of 44 miniatures!
      All the files are delivered supported and unsupported for normal printers and split in pieces to print.  They will be delivered as soon as KS finishes and they process the payments.
      Easy peasy!
      For questions, DM us or comment.
      Note that the figures are Not physical miniatures, they are 3d files for printing.
      NEW MINIATURES UNLOCKED DAILY!  

• By Iridil
      Finally painted him up! For some reason he did not appeal to me to paint, but once I got going I found it pleasing to bring to life!

• By Ryan S
      Hi, I want to start this to get me motivated to get some accountability and hopefully guilt myself into working. So here is the very first of hopefully many steps.

The first step is to prime the miniature, I've done that, the 2nd step? To photograph the miniature to capture the volumes of real light that shows where I want my light source. For this I want two light sources. So really that means I just used my computer screen and my ceiling light, adjust the miniature to taste and get the angle I want to set the light.

The screen light is whiter and will be the light from outside the window, the yellower ceiling light will be my tavern fire light and will be the primary light source.

The skin will be fairly shiny so this is pretty much a mandatory process to get those realistic sheens....because I'm literally stealing form reality it helps a lot. If I were a better painter I could fake the light sources with enough knowledge. Thankfully  I have some serious shadows on the model, and my mid tones will have a lot of room for blending.

The problem now? Picking my colors.

What do I know? I know the floor is wood colored and the axe/haft materials

I know that I'm going to want off white and pinks for eye whites and gums teeth etc.

The gold of the primer is actually a really beautiful color for a fantasy creature, so I might see if I can't keep that.

So Gold, pink, whites/off whites, and browns, I don't know if I want a two toned or patterned beholder. I think this is gonna be a challenge whatever I do. I think I want to go for a fleshy color