I'm building my kid a shuttle from a page in the Young Scientist Book of Spaceflight that used to be mine.

20201209_211158.thumb.jpg.2bfb3d5b3ad90468c755c9cc5ffa93bd.jpg

The kid likes planes, and this is the closest I can get to that now.

I've already traced things out and have some foamcore. Will cut things out and maybe glue and prime tomorrow

• Like 8
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff has been sealed a light grey. Photos later?

Planning on off-white and grey going up to pure white highlights. pale blue windows and black under-carriage. After base coats, I'll do a quick wash of a navy translucent to try and bring out panel lines.

Red stripe near the end.

I might use this process to make planes for gaming later.

• Like 1

I wish I had a proper model image to copy. I'm just winging it (ha!).

Where the last update left off.

20201213_171010.thumb.jpg.691fe061d6f5d92a3ccdfebeb071eea7.jpg

Anyway, here's where I'm stopping for now  I might try to redo some of it. Will definitely try to come back with different brushes. I think what I'm trying to do is clear, but I'm not quite getting the effect I want.

20201213_171038.thumb.jpg.9ff0c4d751233e213b078cfedf7f609d.jpg

Good thing it totally doesnt matter!20201213_171106.thumb.jpg.fc700a7c9ac3cc786ffafd01e2da193d.jpg

• Like 5
19 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I guess if I want to make my own, there's some astronauts and pilots I own or could get. Though I seem to remember another bones pilot besides the pulp one who isn't showing up. Is my memory that bad?

I've painted several astronauts and pulp aviators/aviatrices...any distinguishing features you recall about the missing pilot? I know Willy Brassbender (50013) would make a good pulp aeronaut, but he's not in Bones yet, nor is the Bomber Sophie (03988). I could recommend some figures from other manufacturers if need be...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.