Bones USA Feedback Thread.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:11 PM, pinkymadigan said:

@Maledrakh - Love me some Vallejo Plastic Putty, but I generally only use it as a filler - can you go into detail on how you use it in combination with glue? Is this a mix thing, or a apply putty to one side and glue to the other and instant adhesion type thing, or something else I'm not thinking of? Thanks in advance.

I put some Superglue on each part, then squirt a small amount of the resin in between/onto one of the parts and quickly press together. If I am to slow the mix will set and I will need to scrape it off and try again. Getting the amount of glue vs the amount of resin is the key for a good bond. 

Sometimes I overdo both, especially when fixing a large mini to a base. A puddle of superglue in the right spot on the base, dip the foot in the puddle, squirt on a dollop of plastic putty and press the part down. Boy, does that set hard and make for a very strong bond. (and oftentimes messy.)

• Like 5
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bones USA review, part 2:   Mould lines: behave more or less the same as on Bones Black. Specifically, some of them can be scraped off, but they do not want to, so it will be necessary to ca

Update #2: Super glue works fine, especially when combined with acrylic resin (vallejo plastic putty) which is a combo I use alot as it sets faster then just superglue and is rock hard. The resin acts

1.I used a #11 scalpel, both the sharp blade and the back of the blade. I did not try a file. Based on how it responded to the scalpel I would think a file should work, but with slight resistance and

Posted Images

I just ordered 5, plus the free one of the new Leprechaun. I’m going to give 5 of them away to my mini-painting friends. I just love the little guy with his pot o’ gold and that sinister grin. 

• Like 2

Just got a few packs of the viceroy enforcers, the death marbles, the bike, and the little guy with the drones.

They are all really good! with all the flat surfaces I was afraid the robots would be a mess of mold cuts, but they managed to keep them very minimal and in easily cleaned places. the bike is surprisingly a two piece model, you just glue the arm on. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I havent bought a bones mini since wave 1 2013. I must say, i love how far bones have come! I love how the newer waves have improved on what has come before. I am very excited to see bones usa come on line! Congratulations reaper! That being said, what is with the scale creep? I just set my wave 1 2013 lysette next to my bones USA lysette and wow! The new lysette is huge! Is the bones usa line supposed to be a 32 or 34 mm line? The mini itself is beautiful, well sculpted and well cast. I was just taken back by how large it was in comparison to the bones classic line.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...