freaking sharks with frickin laser beams

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Great print and looking forward to the steampunk paint job!

So my plan was to make it look "natural" like a real shark.

But I'm rethinking that so any opinions are welcome.  I'm now thinking more of a classic steampunk look.

The top would be a bronze/gold color, the bottom would be a chrome/silver color.   The tail would alternate between bronze/gold and chrome/silver, with the rear fin being bronze.    The joints would be reversed so the ring around the fins would be bronze and so on.  Rivets would be chrome...   Not sure what to do with the lower jaw, most likely chrome as real sharks have a white jaw.  So the colors would still mimic a shark, just not be same colors.

I think that could look pretty sharp but I'm willing to hear other opinions. :D

• Like 6

So here's what I've done.  I still have to do some clean up on it, and make sure all the lines are good.  I'm also going to darkline pretty much every seam on it.  The disks on the guns are going to be some sort of white I think i'm looking for something that sorta looks like glass.

I'm not sure what more I'll do after the darkline, it's mostly 'flat' surfaces so there isn't lot of shading to be done.roboshark2.png.e7e61eca64efbf2dec41805e911f0066.png

Edited by Dalth
uploaded a smaller version
  • Like 14
17 hours ago, Dalth said:

So here's what I've done.  I still have to do some clean up on it, and make sure all the lines are good.  I'm also going to darkline pretty much every seam on it.  The disks on the guns are going to be some sort of white I think i'm looking for something that sorta looks like glass.

I'm not sure what more I'll do after the darkline, it's mostly 'flat' surfaces so there isn't lot of shading to be done.roboshark2.png.e7e61eca64efbf2dec41805e911f0066.png

Looks great!

You could use a thin green glaze on the bronze and a thin blue glaze on the steel.

I recommend to do this with metallics.

Scale 75 emerald Green and Cobalt Blue would be great for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks great!

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You could use a thin green glaze on the bronze and a thin blue glaze on the steel.

Ooooh I like that.  I think I'll give that a try.  :)

• Like 4