Dance of Death Bones IV

bojesphob

After completing T'Raukzul, and currently waiting on a batch of minis I ordered from Etsy to paint for my wife for Xmas, I decided to start my Dance of Death from Bones IV! I have the mountain top painted up, and put the base coat down for the green I'll be doing for the top dragon. I think for this I am going to name this "The Female of the Species is more Deadlier than the Male". The lower one will be the combo of green colors you see on it's shoulder, and I will make the wings brightly colored, almost like what you see in birds or reptiles where the males are colored in a way to attract a mate. The second picture is my plan for the base, made using the original image and photoshop. I am going to put snow effects on it, and I have some Natural Scenics trees and one will go under the dark green dragon on top. Will sort of make it feel like they are "dancing" on the top of a mountain. I'll get better pictures as I go along, I couldn't get the lighting quite right with the second dragon being bright white!

DoD1.jpg

DoD2.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Yeah, I like the way the stone turned out, wanted it to sort of have the layers like what I've seen in places like the Mount Rushmore area and at Pike's Peak. I think I was a little heavy handed on the lighter drybrush I did to top it off, but it still looks like approximately what I wanted. I was using a new drybrush that I hadn't used before, and it seemed to have held more paint than I was expecting :lol: Might have some more time the next couple days to continue. I won't do the tree or the snow until after I finish the dragons, but figured I'd like to visualize it before I did it so I had some sort of plan. I gotta try to find those scenic trees somewhere in my computer desk lol

• Like 3