Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Hmm. Buy myself something? I sort of do that all year, so there isn’t anything I am really doing that’s special. Besides, gift list is in the hands of family so I can’t buy from it until the 26th.

But, I did allow myself to take next week off. Might learn how to stream on Twitch for fun during that. I am also test driving a Lotus Evora GT tomorrow that is way out of my price range, for both fun and knowledge (was honest and admitted this yet they still agreed). If I like the car, I can start saving for a used one that’s more affordable. Course, by the time I have enough, I will be buying the same model year.

• Like 8
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, haberfront said:

So tell me, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas?

A painting desk or vortex mixer would probably be good gifts to myself.

But I picked up GF9's new Aliens games instead.  I still might go after the others, though.

• Like 6

I spent a bundle on the MMF Christmas sale, I'm good to go. I tend to tell people I don't want anything, as I buy crap for myself all the time.

To be honest, this year, I'm just not in the mood to buy or receive gifts. Heck, I just started (ie ordered) stuff for the kids a couple days ago. I might go out today & get some things. I'm gonna pay off both their phones (ie no longer need to give me cash for em each month) so there is that & one of them is Iphone 11. I'm kinda annoyed about that one as my son & I agreed on that when he first got it, but he wants a car & is trying to save his cash for it. He needs to get a job (he's 18) but he's under that thinking of "well I need a car to get a job". Ummmmm ok then!! :rock:

• Like 8
On 12/17/2020 at 1:46 AM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

And M.E.O.W. wants to know if you have considered a soft adorable kitten instead ?   ::D:

Unfortunately, I none of my friends are breeding some kitties. Plus both of them will give me discount on both puppies, so I only have those 2 options, I'm still trying to earn enough money to buy one though, hopefully I get to have them before January 1 lol, grrr

• Like 2

I bought a wide angle lens for my camera. It wasn’t really a Christmas present though, instead its something i have been saving up for for a few years.  

I did get in on Warlord Games mystery box and that is sort of my gift to me.   Its a blind box and i have made a pact that no matter what is in it i will use it to teach my self airbrushing.

• Like 10
On 12/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, Evilhalfling said:

For Christmas I got myself a Lord of Change. (GW)   

I managed to ride down the Disciples of Tzeentch boxed set and it's in the hoard. I've wanted a Lord of Change for a long time. Santa is bringing me a Jurassic World/Park brachiosaurus. I still have my original JP action figures and dinos. I've been collecting the new action figures, I play dinosaurs with my nieces and nephews and I'm using them to teach them about biology. (Like the original park, we only have girl dinosaurs, the kids are too young for that aspect of biology...)

I managed to ride down the Disciples of Tzeentch boxed set and it's in the hoard. I've wanted a Lord of Change for a long time. Santa is bringing me a Jurassic World/Park brachiosaurus. I still have my original JP action figures and dinos. I've been collecting the new action figures, I play dinosaurs with my nieces and nephews and I'm using them to teach them about biology. (Like the original park, we only have girl dinosaurs, the kids are too young for that aspect of biology...)

• Like 8

I'd gotten myself an upgrade for my blades and heroes stuff with the Litko tokens and movement tool for it...grabbed an extra one for me there while getting one for my brother since I've been trying to get him into playing.

And the aquatic pack for Planet Zoo...zoo builder sims have been something I've enjoyed for decades now, first one I remember playing was Dino Park Tycoon.

• Like 5

There is a somewhat expensive but adorable white dragon plushie I want to get....

download.jpeg

2 hours ago, SotF said:

And the aquatic pack for Planet Zoo...zoo builder sims have been something I've enjoyed for decades now, first one I remember playing was Dino Park Tycoon.

Planet zoo is fun and I like the aquatic DLC

• Like 8
On 12/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Inarah said:

We're doing ok, not great, but no one is.  DH has a job, we have a roof and a lot less to worry about than some. 

I got myself some minis during the 12 days sale.  Right now most of the things I want cannot be bought with money. 

I just want to sleep. All day, all month, all winter....

Breed responsibly, knowing that you have to find good homes for each one of those puppies.  I say this as someone who takes care of other people's cast-off, unwanted, unplanned pets. 

I am finding this Christmas pretty tough too. I am lucky to be able to work from home but I don't know when I will even be able to see my family (they live in the province and travel between there and where I live has been stopped) so it's pretty hard and anxiety-making.

I've stumbled on this page in hopes of finding an answer for being this anxious and it discusses how I can come up with different solutions to my problem. I'll be glad to leave it here for you and everyone to take time and read. https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-the-experts/blog-posts/consumer/top-ten-covid-19-anxiety-reduction-strategies

Merry Christmas!

• Like 3

The fiancee and I tend to get what we want when we want it, so we tend to mostly get our own gifts (some years we /strongly suggest/ a gift, but it usually just works out better to get it and stuff it under the tree ourselves. Though this year we're doing a Festivus pole for some reason :D She just keeps mentioning Festivus, and I pick up what's put down, eh.

I was going to splurge on a new PC while I can afford to (I won't be surprised if I'm laid off next year). Or maybe a new game console. The lovely capitalist nation we live in made sure I won't be doing that, I'm not paying over 200% to some scalper. Literally unable to buy one, and I know a few tricks.

So I lucked out and an old online buddy from back in the day gifted me a copy of Cyberpunk 2077, so I'm digging that. Tweaked it to run great on my 11 yr old pc. So I'm all good.

• Like 6