Someone needed a new tail.

DragonWyrm

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I did this quickly tonight while getting garbage ready to go out tomorrow.

One side of the spit came undone and needs to bebgkued. There's a tab so it is steady. Thr big fire under the rabbit popped off the wood, allowing me to use inks on thr clear plastic. It fits snug.

• By Rigel
      The Fisherman's Rest. You know the place. The smell of stale beer, sea salt, rum, and fish scales.

"Evenin,' Old Billy! How be ye these days?"

"Oh, I be well enough, exceptin' as how me fishin' trip t'other day went. Now listen, lads. 'Twere a fine calm sunny day and I were far from shore, a-castin line for snapper..."

"Wow!"
      "Nay, lad, there's none in town who can catch a minnow and sell a grouper like Old Billy."

"Nay, swear on me old mum's grave it happened! But if ye find that hard to swallow, ye might be ill-prepared for what came after..."

*urp* "no, now I think on it, twere more like this, aye, that sounds better."

"...but the long and the short of it, I never DID catch that snapper."

"Okay, Bill, time for ye to get some cold water in you."

Chronoscope Pulp Ship's Captain and Ship Hand. Had them painted up, and the shark, but didn't have a good story until a friend gave me one of the Juvenile Kraken mini.
      Between the shark's integral splash-base, the squid's splash-stand, and the Water Elemental, we got some good scenery!

I had a lot of fun making the Fisherman's Rest backdrop, too. Old Barkeep has heard all of these yarns before. 
    • By Olaf the Stout
      I decided to mess around with GW contrast paints on some clear resin Wizkids Deep Cuts Hell Hound minis. This is what they look like unpainted.

I washed the mini in warm soapy water, then undercoated it with some matt varnish.

I then wet blended Iyaden Yellow, Gryph-Hound Orange, Blood Angels Red, Flesh Tearers Red and Black Templar, before going back over the top with the yellow and orange in random spots on the red and black areas to give a bit more variation.

Here is the other (finished) Hell Hound:

Super simple and really quick, but pretty effective.

It has a metal collar that I think I’ll paint in opaque paint, but I’m not sure what colour metal. Any suggestions?

Similarly, I think I should put some glowing eyes. Do I go for yellow-white, bright red or something else?
    • By SotF
      I actually painted this shortly before the lockdowns started when the store had it and the D&D campaign I was in was running Lost Mines and we'd gotten to the beginning of the dragon encounter. So I'd painted it up and brought it in since the DM didn't have a green dragon of the right size and the sculpt actually looks a lot like the D&D Green Dragon if you remove the tail blades.

After running it, another friend wanted to borrow the mini for an adventure he was running right as lockdown started and I just got it back.

The big thing with it was the expirament with various stick on plastic jewels and if I could use gold and silver glitter with a large enough size to work for coins as a a workable basing material with some added wash ontop. I like the result there and it gives the feel of the dragons hoard that it might have been napping on when someone woke it up.