Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Thunderbolt Mountain/Ral Partha Legacy Wood Elf Lord, sculpted by Tom Meier

That yellow/golden cloak looks amazing!

I agree with @Rigel he looks so haughty, actually he looks like a real snotty Elf, I want to punch him!

Which means you did a brilliant job here!

Now where is the Elf Marinade so my wolves can feast?

• Like 1

Beautiful work on yet another amazing sculpture. Again, I love how you managed to show off all the adornments.

Now I wonder, is he courting the Lady Wood Elf or are they the righteous ruler of a lush Elven colony?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rigel said:

Incredible work on a tiny canvas! Looks properly regal and haughty, as elves do.

Thank you Rigel! Yeah, it's pretty small, at least the face and eyes. I have to admit, I like a good Jim Johnson eye for the working space, but it's hard to beat Tom Meier's realistic proportions!

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That yellow/golden cloak looks amazing!

I agree with @Rigel he looks so haughty, actually he looks like a real snotty Elf, I want to punch him!

Which means you did a brilliant job here!

Now where is the Elf Marinade so my wolves can feast?

I think if a miniature inspires success violent reactions, I've done my job!

4 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Beautiful work on yet another amazing sculpture. Again, I love how you managed to show off all the adornments.

Now I wonder, is he courting the Lady Wood Elf or are they the righteous ruler of a lush Elven colony?

I actually kind of wondered if these two elves aren't maybe supposed to represent Galadriel and Celeborn?

Or maybe they are just part of an Elven hippy commune!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Really like the color of the cloak. And that face! Merrily haughty, as if maybe fun and celebration isn't quite good enough but he knows the rabble need it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Really like the color of the cloak. And that face! Merrily haughty, as if maybe fun and celebration isn't quite good enough but he knows the rabble need it.

It’s all about keeping the rabble happy!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chaosscorpion said:

Colors are great

Thanks very much Chaosscorpion, for me the hardest part of everything (besides the eyes and metal) are always the choosing of colors that look right.

46 minutes ago, Samedi said:

Your colour choice gives the mini a distinctly "roman" feel. Like it very much!

I think it’s a combination of the colors plus that crazy headgear he’s wearing.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everyreaperbody! 
      So just recently finished these three go-lucky ladies, a trio of Dancing Girls sculpted quite a while back by Dennis Mize.  Colors were the hardest part fo figure out plus I tried to do some semi-transparent clothing, not sure how well that turned out

and here they are together:

Wanted different hair and different skin tones for each one.  Relatively small figures, almost horrified when I see them so close up, but oh well, such is the curse of this hobby.  I'd painted a set of them maybe 15 years ago.  Don't have any pictures of the original set unfortunately, and then I went and sold them on eBay for I don't remember at all how much.  So I'm glad I got a hold of another copy to do again and keep.

I'll probably be putting them on super-simple bases in the near future, just so they don't fall over.

So anyways, hope you enjoy!
    • By R2ED
      I can't begin to tell you how excited i am that my parents found these in the basement in some supplies i had stored.  These are Ral Partha models from 1988 to 1991. I bought them with my allowance back when i was like 9 or 10 and am thrilled to see these again.  I remember being so afraid to paint them because i didn't want to mess them up, that i never ever tried.  

These are primed and need to be stripped. These are early pewter-white metal.  They even had packaging that read "now lead free". 

What I'm wanting to do is savor the joy of painting them, now that I'm way more capable.  However...i need to get this crappy primer off of them.  These are 30+ years old and I'm blown away they look as good as they do.  

Anyone have a solution that can strip this down to the metal? 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you reaperlaiset! 

So since the beginning of the year, I've been working on a little project to get all of these Thunderbolt Mountain fairies painted.  It's actually taken extra long because I painted two sets of these, and the duplicates were all the same colors, but it logically takes twice as long.  It was hard to decide on colors for these guys, but I did want to do a unique skin color for each one and a unique leotard color as well for each one.  I ended up doing the tutus the same color because I I would have done each one a different color, it would have take so much longer and as they are kind of a unit, I wanted something that would kind of bring them together.  These all belong to a set of Ballerina Fairies, sculpted by Tom Meier, inspired by an idea from his daughter.  They were originally from his company Thunderbolt Mountain, and are now available again through Ral Partha Legacy.  There's six of them so lots of photos to follow:

and here they are together:

So these are some pretty small figures, and I'm going to eventually put them on some simple bases.  I wouldn't almost mind leaving them like this, but I don't want them to tip over too easily.  I might work on the bases this weekend.  So anyhoos, enjoy!  I had quite a lot of fun painting these.  They are very delicate and detailed figures, but didn't take too long to really paint ultimately because they aren't overly laden with all those dingly danglies you find on lots of more modern figures. I've got a few more of these to do with some Pegasi, will do those some day in the not too far-flung future.  

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)