3D PRINT KS Kingdom of Mercia. Lost Kingdom Miniatures.

I have backed their Physical Cuetzpal campaign before and their Cuetzpal/Magmhorin STL Kickstarter.

Great quality and good communications.

I will not participate this time because I have no need for medieval Knights.

Basically Bretonnians.

But the value is awesome.

Especially if you snag the €35 pledge for the first few days!

• Like 2
On 12/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Well ... I bought a resin printer at a discount some weeks ago ... and have been getting lots of files ... but ... I have not printed a single mini yet as I'm a bit apprehensive concerning resin (fumes, spills, cleaning up etc).

When pouring resin or getting a print from the build plate/cleaning it

• Wear Nitril Gloves
  • Wear a mask
  • Wear goggles/reading glasses.

When the machine is printing and it's closed you don't need to worry much.

Ventiliation is a good thing!

After you have dunked the print in a bit of methylated alcohol or IPA, dunk it in Hot water.

Now you can remove the supports.

While doing so keep the gloves on and the glasses.

Mask is no longer mandatory then since the VAT is closed again and you're not getting fumes.

After that put the model in a UV curing system, a naildryer or in the SUN.

After it has cured you can now safely handle it without gloves.

Keep in mind that if you want to sand of file the model you will need the mask and gloves again.

The fine dust from resin is not something you want in your lungs.

Maintain these safety measures and you're okay.

Don't let it keep you from printing, it's fun!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 12/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, Glitterwolf said:

When pouring resin or getting a print from the build plate/cleaning it

• Wear Nitril Gloves
  • Wear a mask
  • Wear goggles/reading glasses.

When the machine is printing and it's closed you don't need to worry much.

Ventiliation is a good thing!

After you have dunked the print in a bit of methylated alcohol or IPA, dunk it in Hot water.

Now you can remove the supports.

While doing so keep the gloves on and the glasses.

Mask is no loner mandatory then since the VAT is closed again and you're not getting fumes.

After that put the model in a UV curing system, a naildryer or in the SUN.

After it has cured you can now safely handle it without gloves.

Keep in mind that if you want to sand of file the model you will need the mask and gloves again.

The fine dust from resin is not something you want in your lungs.

Maintain htese safety measures and you're okay.

Don't let it keep you from printing, it's fun!

I'm going to need to remember this, as I have a suspicion that my wife may have conspired with either my mother or mother-in-law to buy me a 3D printer for Christmas. If not, then I'll be buying one with Overtime pay in the coming months.

On the subject of the KS, it looks really nice. I'm not sure I really need that many more knights and such in my miniature assortment, but it does look so pretty.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm going to need to remember this, as I have a suspicion that my wife may have conspired with either my mother or mother-in-law to buy me a 3D printer for Christmas. If not, then I'll be buying one with Overtime pay in the coming months.

On the subject of the KS, it looks really nice. I'm not sure I really need that many more knights and such in my miniature assortment, but it does look so pretty.

If you're going to join us:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/75-tips-and-advice-3-d-printing/

Lost Kingdom is a wonderful company, good communications and great minis.

I have lots of their lizards and mummies and a few other things.

But I really don't collect Knights.

I hope they will one day do a Vampire / Gothic Undead Army and then I will be all over it.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

REALLY wish I had gotten in on the previous stl file kickstarter.  I'm in on this one for sure though!  Sadly, I can't afford more than a few of the previous files at the current prices.  Even with the temporary 20% discount. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

REALLY wish I had gotten in on the previous stl file kickstarter.  I'm in on this one for sure though!  Sadly, I can't afford more than a few of the previous files at the current prices.  Even with the temporary 20% discount. 

Go look at Myminifactory.

Several companies, lots of sales every now and then.

Some free stuff as well.

Also

Thingiverse and 3DCults for free stuff.

Look and find.

Patreons? About $10 each and a whole set of minis a month, first month usually the benefit of a welcome pack you didn't have as well.

And discounts..

• Like 2

Yep.  I have looked and purchased from MMF and I've found lots of things on Thingiverse.  And now I'm thinking that Lost Kingdom will be my first Patreon.

It seems that if I become a patron AND use the discount code on the KS page I can save 40%.  This could be dangerous.