3D PRINT KS Kingdom of Mercia. Lost Kingdom Miniatures.

I have backed their Physical Cuetzpal campaign before and their Cuetzpal/Magmhorin STL Kickstarter.

Great quality and good communications.

I will not participate this time because I have no need for medieval Knights.

Basically Bretonnians.

But the value is awesome.

Especially if you snag the €35 pledge for the first few days!

• Like 2
On 12/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Well ... I bought a resin printer at a discount some weeks ago ... and have been getting lots of files ... but ... I have not printed a single mini yet as I'm a bit apprehensive concerning resin (fumes, spills, cleaning up etc).

When pouring resin or getting a print from the build plate/cleaning it

• Wear Nitril Gloves
  • Wear a mask
  • Wear goggles/reading glasses.

When the machine is printing and it's closed you don't need to worry much.

Ventiliation is a good thing!

After you have dunked the print in a bit of methylated alcohol or IPA, dunk it in Hot water.

Now you can remove the supports.

While doing so keep the gloves on and the glasses.

Mask is no longer mandatory then since the VAT is closed again and you're not getting fumes.

After that put the model in a UV curing system, a naildryer or in the SUN.

After it has cured you can now safely handle it without gloves.

Keep in mind that if you want to sand of file the model you will need the mask and gloves again.

The fine dust from resin is not something you want in your lungs.

Maintain these safety measures and you're okay.

Don't let it keep you from printing, it's fun!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 12/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, Glitterwolf said:

When pouring resin or getting a print from the build plate/cleaning it

• Wear Nitril Gloves
  • Wear a mask
  • Wear goggles/reading glasses.

When the machine is printing and it's closed you don't need to worry much.

Ventiliation is a good thing!

After you have dunked the print in a bit of methylated alcohol or IPA, dunk it in Hot water.

Now you can remove the supports.

While doing so keep the gloves on and the glasses.

Mask is no loner mandatory then since the VAT is closed again and you're not getting fumes.

After that put the model in a UV curing system, a naildryer or in the SUN.

After it has cured you can now safely handle it without gloves.

Keep in mind that if you want to sand of file the model you will need the mask and gloves again.

The fine dust from resin is not something you want in your lungs.

Maintain htese safety measures and you're okay.

Don't let it keep you from printing, it's fun!

I'm going to need to remember this, as I have a suspicion that my wife may have conspired with either my mother or mother-in-law to buy me a 3D printer for Christmas. If not, then I'll be buying one with Overtime pay in the coming months.

On the subject of the KS, it looks really nice. I'm not sure I really need that many more knights and such in my miniature assortment, but it does look so pretty.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm going to need to remember this, as I have a suspicion that my wife may have conspired with either my mother or mother-in-law to buy me a 3D printer for Christmas. If not, then I'll be buying one with Overtime pay in the coming months.

On the subject of the KS, it looks really nice. I'm not sure I really need that many more knights and such in my miniature assortment, but it does look so pretty.

If you're going to join us:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/75-tips-and-advice-3-d-printing/

Lost Kingdom is a wonderful company, good communications and great minis.

I have lots of their lizards and mummies and a few other things.

But I really don't collect Knights.

I hope they will one day do a Vampire / Gothic Undead Army and then I will be all over it.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

REALLY wish I had gotten in on the previous stl file kickstarter.  I'm in on this one for sure though!  Sadly, I can't afford more than a few of the previous files at the current prices.  Even with the temporary 20% discount. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

REALLY wish I had gotten in on the previous stl file kickstarter.  I'm in on this one for sure though!  Sadly, I can't afford more than a few of the previous files at the current prices.  Even with the temporary 20% discount. 

Go look at Myminifactory.

Several companies, lots of sales every now and then.

Some free stuff as well.

Also

Thingiverse and 3DCults for free stuff.

Look and find.

Patreons? About $10 each and a whole set of minis a month, first month usually the benefit of a welcome pack you didn't have as well.

And discounts..

• Like 2

Yep.  I have looked and purchased from MMF and I've found lots of things on Thingiverse.  And now I'm thinking that Lost Kingdom will be my first Patreon.

It seems that if I become a patron AND use the discount code on the KS page I can save 40%.  This could be dangerous.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Design by Heroes Infinite
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Senliah the Seductress part of my Shifting Sands Project
      WIP/PROJECT HERE:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/20/#comments

The Sultan leaned back in his cushions, the room was almost dark, suddenly the fires lit up and the music started.
      Senliah stepped forth from the shadows and started her dance.
      He was enthralled, her moves, those curves, and the thrill of the danger while she danced with that large venomous serpent!
      Such a show!

Aaaahhh his friends would be delighted to see her at the banquet he would host next week.
      Senliah had agreed to perform for him alone tonight to give him a taste of what they could expect.
      The Sultan couldn't keep his eyes from her, such grace such beauty and yet a hint of danger.

Of course there were those who couldn't cope with her being so populair.
      Some even talked behind her back, spreading rumours that she danced in the forbidden Temple of Apophis!
      Rubbish! The Sultan thought, if anyone was caught spreading such gossip he would have that person beheaded, how dared they speak of such an innocent girl like that!

• By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection

• By TheAuldGrump
      A STL Kickstarter for some dark fantasy terrain - support free, and optimized for FDM printers - Resistance of Darkness.

Story
      I exist only to serve the darkness. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how cruel or violent is for the benefit of us. You cannot resist me for long. I am the darkness. - Mourngaze

Lure adventurers to their doom or wage war with those who oppose you. Create a dark world and atmosphere for your tabletop games with Resistance of Darkness.

The core pledge is $35 Canadian - without the Stretch Goals. $54 including the Stretch Goals. $40 CA includes the dungeon tiles and walls from a previous campaign - without the Stretch Goals,  while getting everything, including the Stretch Goals is $59 CA. There are some Early Birds, but we just squeezed in on time, with less than an hour remaining.

Not sure how I feel about charging for all the Stretch Goals, but I guess it comes to about the same as having addons, instead of calling them Stretch Goals.

OpenLock compatible - which is nice, we have a fair number of OpenLock floors and walls, already.

It looks very much like terrain that would work for Oblivion, if anyone is running an Elder Scrolls campaign.

A free model is on the KS page, and looks decent.

The models proper look nicely Hellish - and would work for Dark Elves and Abyssal/Chaos Dwarfs.

The Stretch Goals include some expansions for the existing pieces, as well as a set of dungeon tiles and walls.

The Auld Grump
    • By Glitterwolf
      Design by CastNPlay
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars
      Base is from MicroArtstudio.

Part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/169/#comments

David Attenborough's Voice Over:

Nature can be cruel and especially so in the Jungle and Swamps of the Lost World.
      Huge predators roam this place so a smaller creature needs to be smart to survive.
      Here we can see the Common Swamp Crocodile, the poor creature would stand no chance when a T-Rex or a Spinosaurus would spot it.
      So it adapted to it's environment.

It's behaviour reminds me a bit of that of the Hermit Crab, in a similar fashion this little crocodile finds himself a piece of rotten wood, preferably a treetrunk and sticks it's head in it.
      Then it rolls around in the fertile soil so mushrooms, grass and flowers will grow on it's hide.
      This way it will be invisible to the larger predators.

Unfortunately, as we can see here, that tactic proves futile against the Amazone Warrior who is in dire need of a new purse.

• By TheAuldGrump
      A rather nice looking, modular, Gothic Cathedral - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aleda/gothic-cathedral

And a printed model -

So, it has been tested.

I would have backed for the full model, but for some reason the creator decided that while most of the Early Bird offers would last for several days, the big one would only be available for a shorter time, so unless Megan really wants this, we are giving it a complete pass. (Petty? Maybe - but it was a dumb move on their part. That 5 quid is costing them 40.)

*EDIT* There is an old marketing maxim - always make sure that your lead (the product you are pushing) is the best bargain - they did the exact opposite.

The Auld Grump
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)