Jump to content

Box of Goodwill round 10 picture/chatter thread


Recommended Posts

On 2/8/2021 at 6:56 PM, Rat13 said:

I find myself in the same boat. Outside of 40K everytime I paint a modern or sci-fi miniature anymore it almost feels like wasted hobby time. I certainly enjoy painting them but afterwards when I realize I have no use for them most of that joy is lost.

 

Like others, I expect that Stargrave will up my interest in painting SF figures...

 

Sounds like a challenge, though ... Find something to do with those figures, even it’s a “Barrier Peaks” style thing for your D&D game...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well those Bones figures didn't last long in the journey. Ha ha

 

I figured the nose-less one might get some attention.

 

Nice haul

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, haldir said:

Well those Bones figures didn't last long in the journey. Ha ha

 

I figured the nose-less one might get some attention.

 

Nice haul

Yep.  Stargrave is coming, so I need more sci-fi figs.  Those were the expansions I never went in for on the Bones KS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Ellen Stone, isn’t it? Ellen Page is the former name of the actor whose proper name I can’t recall this morning.

 

I have one of those I did in green as an alien, to make use of the not-quite-human face...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

It’s Ellen Stone, isn’t it? Ellen Page is the former name of the actor whose proper name I can’t recall this morning.

 

I have one of those I did in green as an alien, to make use of the not-quite-human face...

You are quite right. Thats what I get for trying to go off of memory instead of taking the time to look things up.  I am going to make this one an alien as well.  Still waffling between green and blue skin tones for mine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

It’s Ellen Stone, isn’t it? Ellen Page is the former name of the actor whose proper name I can’t recall this morning.

 

I have one of those I did in green as an alien, to make use of the not-quite-human face...

 

He goes by Elliot Page now. Oddly, I didn't notice the name when I responded earlier, ha ha.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

@TGP Are you doing alright? Please check your inbox.

Saw your note yesterday. But was viewing it on the tiny hand-held gadget, so I didn't try to reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@prophetic_joe, in response to your question in the departure/arrival thread.  I'm NOT in your box stream, but did you recently get jab 2?  I know more than a couple people who were under the weather for a couple days after jab 2, which has been explained as a "Normal immune response to slaughtering the invader and putting up 'kill on sight' posters for COVID"

That said, hopefully a: All is well with you, and  @buckyball, @Dr Bob and @Rat13 chime in soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@prophetic_joe, I wont speak for the whole box, but I'm fine with waiting. Even without a pandemic I see no reason to rush out a box if you're not feeling well. So given what's going on you've got an even better reason to hold off. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roonfizzle said:

@prophetic_joe, in response to your question in the departure/arrival thread.  I'm NOT in your box stream, but did you recently get jab 2?  I know more than a couple people who were under the weather for a couple days after jab 2, which has been explained as a "Normal immune response to slaughtering the invader and putting up 'kill on sight' posters for COVID"

That said, hopefully a: All is well with you, and  @buckyball, @Dr Bob and @Rat13 chime in soon.

 

I think I can wait. It turns out I have several miniatures to paint already, and I am also working on an entry for a painting contest. So I may be busy for a bit.

I hope you feel better soon @prophetic_joe

 

    buckyball

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...