Box of Goodwill round 10 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

The guy with the axe wearing a myconid mushroom hat can now no longer be unseen...

Oh, man, thanks for pointing that out!  Now I really want to convert a figure to have one of those caps tied on his head.  Maybe an eccentric wizard...or a woodsman who’s spent too many years in the dark forest...  Hmmm...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chris Palmer said:

Oh, man, thanks for pointing that out!  Now ai really want to convert a figure to have one of those caps tied on his head.  Maybe an eccentric wizard...or a woodsman who’s spent too many years in the dark forest...  Hmmm...

Thinking of Real Genius--"Why are you wearing that ridiculous thing on your head?" "Because if I wear it anywhere else, it chafes..."

On 2/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, buckyball said:

I think I can wait. It turns out I have several miniatures to paint already, and I am also working on an entry for a painting contest. So I may be busy for a bit.

I hope you feel better soon @prophetic_joe

buckyball

Yes--Be well first. Heaven knows if anyone is reading this, its a surety that they already have too many (or not enough, I keep getting those confused?) miniatures to paint already. Besides, wiping everything in the box down with hand sanitizer might make things harder to prime.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, slimninj4 said:

These boxes are really packed.  So many nice things to choose.  The box left again packed.  

image6.thumb.jpeg.ba34d83f71b57b25cfeb048be523cf6f.jpeg

I think those three grey plastic guys were MageKnight figures. The little metal guy with the spikes is one of Reaper's Bloodstone Gnomes (there's a whole faction of them), the little paladin is a gnome (77681 Blink Berenwicket), and the frog-thing is actually supposed to be a Blue Slaad...

Amusingly, you grabbed almost half of the stuff I just put in, lol - the gnome, the knight, the mini-taurs and the two Hordes figures were all from me.

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Oh, man, thanks for pointing that out!  Now I really want to convert a figure to have one of those caps tied on his head.  Maybe an eccentric wizard...or a woodsman who’s spent too many years in the dark forest...  Hmmm...

Now I'm totally picturing the High Priest of the Mushroom God, some spaced-out druid who's sampled way too much of his master's bounty,  that the party needs to keep focused on reality long enough to get coherent info out of him... ::D:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Now I'm totally picturing the High Priest of the Mushroom God, some spaced-out druid who's sampled way too much of his master's bounty,  that the party needs to keep focused on reality long enough to get coherent info out of him... ::D:

https://youtu.be/Y7rXlbHtcqM:lol:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Spore druid! now I want one lol

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, slimninj4 said:

These boxes are really packed.  So many nice things to choose.  The box left again packed.  

image6.thumb.jpeg.ba34d83f71b57b25cfeb048be523cf6f.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

Here is a more detailed list.

I picked some dice. This box has a set for each person.  Thanks.  There was another big bag of misc dice and I got the mini ones.  

image4.thumb.jpeg.353996f1fa4aff0099a7982466ee187f.jpeg

Three hero clicks or something like that.  The bases had numbers for a game.  I thought the figures looked pretty cool and stylized.  The dark gray is a Dust tactics game, Sniper lady.  Cool.  

image0.thumb.jpeg.21173a91fb7b37f140cc58366aad734e.jpeg

Random figures.  Left is a metal little guy in armor.  A bones knight, 2 bones minituars, wiz kid zombie, and a halfling or elf paladin.  

image1.thumb.jpeg.220e22f96fe66f7471fe79c5fa95c79a.jpeg

Here is a tank. Maybe to a game.  It is a softer plastic than bones so will see how it takes paint.  On the left is a 3d print of a froglike creature on a rock, then a 3d print plague doctor.  

image2.thumb.jpeg.abeb6b3b8b30dc9661a5a188860b306a.jpeg

Bases:  

image5.thumb.jpeg.304ec01b9befd447e3d5950791685d26.jpeg

And finally 2 metal metal from Horde game.  I actually bought the blue paint set a couple weeks ago and was going to get a few of these to paint up.  Win.  

image3.thumb.jpeg.10e6b84624255f885fe619cd7cb5d379.jpeg

189436F6-452F-4356-A5EF-B6429723A11A.jpeg

Glad you are enjoying the box! Have fun saving the day with the Bat Dice!

GF

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 1:56 PM, Marc said:

@GoddessTio @Lidless Eye @Fencig @Inarah @LordDave

Sorry everyone, I went through our box and pulled out my picks, but the weather in the North East has been less than cooperative, so I haven't been able to get it back to the Post Office :(

I should be able to send it out this week though!

Here is what I picked

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.9e55b6307a5f017d8fd0507357dfe9bb.jpg

Interesting,  always a surprise to see what folks pick, there were a couple more in there i was sure you would take. 

Looking forward to seeing the Genie/Efreeti painted up

• Like 3

Box is officially on its way again - here's what I ended up picking;

- a single die

- one reaper blister pack

- 1 3D print

- 1 wizkid mini

- 14 various reaper miniatures

I was quite happy to grab some of the pathfinder goblins - those are currently the only "mob" minis I have, so I am excited to have more of them to add to the group! I think I have about 30 of them now. ;^^

PXL_20210228_043035736.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, PhantomAsh said:

Box is officially on its way again - here's what I ended up picking;

- a single die

- one reaper blister pack

- 1 3D print

- 1 wizkid mini

- 14 various reaper miniatures

I was quite happy to grab some of the pathfinder goblins - those are currently the only "mob" minis I have, so I am excited to have more of them to add to the group! I think I have about 30 of them now. ;^^

PXL_20210228_043035736.jpg

Based on what I see here, I am UBER exited about this box

• Like 5