Jump to content

Box of Goodwill round 10 picture/chatter thread


Chaoswolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, buckyball said:

 

Would anyone be interested in doing a themed swap box? We usually put random stuff in the boxes of goodwill, but what if we did a box to circulate a specific type of miniature? The one I think might work for this group would be a pirate or Brinewind box. The last bones kickstarter had Dreadmere figures, and Bones 5 will have Brinewind figures. And I imagine several people are receiving a boat with Bones 5. Do you guys think this could work. Would it help people swap figures they dont need for ones they do? Or would everyone want to unload the same 4 figures and hope to snatch up a different 4 figures?

 

 

   buckyball

 

Not a huge fan personally.  I like the randomness and surprise factor the larger variety can bring.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, buckyball said:

 

Would anyone be interested in doing a themed swap box? We usually put random stuff in the boxes of goodwill, but what if we did a box to circulate a specific type of miniature? 

  If you find enough folks interested in a themed swap box  you could certainly do that separate from the Box  of Goodwill exchange.

   However, I don't understand how it could be made part of the BOGW exchange.  We have differing interests, but the variety in the boxes usually means we can all find something we want while only a portion of us may find a specific theme, like pirates, of interest.

  I also wonder how you would handle starter boxes since none of the existing boxes are themed..  I did a starter box from scratch this round, but I could not have done so if I was limited to figures of a specific type.  (It  took about 150 figures).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, buckyball said:

 

Would anyone be interested in doing a themed swap box? We usually put random stuff in the boxes of goodwill, but what if we did a box to circulate a specific type of miniature? The one I think might work for this group would be a pirate or Brinewind box. The last bones kickstarter had Dreadmere figures, and Bones 5 will have Brinewind figures. And I imagine several people are receiving a boat with Bones 5. Do you guys think this could work. Would it help people swap figures they dont need for ones they do? Or would everyone want to unload the same 4 figures and hope to snatch up a different 4 figures?

 

 

   buckyball

I've had this thought for a while, so I'll say it now, I think a personalized miniature exchange would be more fun.

Like a Secret Santa, but not. 

LOL.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattParody said:

I've had this thought for a while, so I'll say it now, I think a personalized miniature exchange would be more fun.

Like a Secret Santa, but not. 

LOL.

 

 

We do that here.  Secret Sophie during the winter holidays, and painted miniature exchange in the warmer months.  Keep an eye out for an announcement in the forum. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think a themed swap box would probably need a much broader theme (like 'fantasy' or 'sci-fi') to work at all well.

 

I think you may be right. But I doubt there would be enough people interested in the sci-fi only box. I could be wrong, and with Stargrave coming out next month it may have enough current appeal. But long term most people are going to gravitate towards fantasy

 

   buckyball

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope not, I know my circuit hasn't finished because I'm at the tail end.  

 

Anyone know what happened to @TGP?  I lost track of the thread for a while

 

Update:  tried to PM and I can't send one to him.  He may have tried to reach me and it never got through

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is still on my desk. I lost a whole week here recently. My back freaked out and stopped me from doing anything at all last week. Been playing catch-up this week.  Last picture I posted was...

 

...a little tank that got selected?


 

Nope, it was the mystery Gnolls that turned out to be from/for the Frostgrave game
 

That was back on page 18. I am failing to keep track of thread also. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TGP said:

It is still on my desk. I lost a whole week here recently. My back freaked out and stopped me from doing anything at all last week. Been playing catch-up this week.  Last picture I posted was...

 

...a little tank that got selected?


 

Nope, it was the mystery Gnolls that turned out to be from/for the Frostgrave game
 

That was back on page 18. I am failing to keep track of thread also. 

No problems on my part.  On my end, feel free to ship that system out whenever you get around to it.  Hope you are feeling better.  I can understand how pain can just suck the life out of everything you do!

 

I didnt want to be holding you up and I havent been really good at identifying everything that comes through my inbox

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

In the effort to slowly get my backlog under control, I have been trying to paint things as I get them, and a few more from the backlog each week.  With that in mind, I have painted all of my picks from the BoGW.  Here is a collage of most of them.  Mostly speed paints, some kinda rough, but they are done and many have hit the game table already.  

20210408_205435.jpg

Edited by LordDave
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LordDave said:

In the effort to slowly get my backlog under control, I have been trying to paint things as I get them, and a few more from the backlog each week.  With that in mind, I have painted all of my picks from the BoGW.  Here is a collage of most of them.  Mostly speed paints, some kinda rough, but they are done and many have hit the game table already.  

20210408_205435.jpg

 

Now that is some dedication!!

 

Great work on all of these! Those the "Turdles" from Fat Dragon Games?

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...