Next ReaperCon friendly banter

lstormhammer

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Warmaster at ReaperCon would be awesome. I would definitely try harder to get there if that were the case.

Okay, I'm confused now. What is Warmaster? My only knowledge of Warmaster is GWs 10mm Fantasy game. Apparently it must be something else in context with Reaper.

The Warmaster is a CAV tournament, consisting of a four-model force on a four-way battlefield. You win points by damage scored, and the winner gets written into the CAV fluff for the year...I think.

Correct, Herr Frosch. Franks' unit will be certified as the Official Warmaster winner in CAV Fluff. and it is an annual tournament we hold at Origins, although the format is such that many pplayers who cannot go to Origins can hold private Warmansters,a nd crown local Warmanster champions. They don;t get into the Fluff, but they get the thrill, the experience, and the bragging rights.

Hehehe, Bryan, I'm still waiting for my prize (in all senses of the word) for last year's Warmaster tournament, let alone this years.

For those who want to attend ReaperCon 2005, it won't take much to pursuade me to run a Warmaster tournament.

What you will need: 4 CAV's (no more, no less) costing 1750 points. Anything goes as far as what's allowed when creating your force. However, weapon SWAPS much be shown on the model. Other upgrades (TL, ECM, ARM, Crew, Breeder, RP and weapon removal) do NOT need to be modelled.

Kit, please add this to the games list for ReaperCon 2004. I'll be able to run a single table with 4 players per time slot - and in order to have a final round will need to play Friday night too. However, it will be fun and will give bragging rights which're very valuable :o)

And perhaps we can twist an arm our five and get a 'trolley dash' or something :o)

The Warmaster is a CAV tournament, consisting of a four-model force on a four-way battlefield.  You win points by damage scored, and the winner gets written into the CAV fluff for the year...I think.

Correct, Herr Frosch. Franks' unit will be certified as the Official Warmaster winner in CAV Fluff. and it is an annual tournament we hold at Origins, although the format is such that many pplayers who cannot go to Origins can hold private Warmansters,a nd crown local Warmanster champions. They don;t get into the Fluff, but they get the thrill, the experience, and the bragging rights.

Well that kinda blows... ::(:

I have no real desire to go to Origins or GenCon and I'm not willing to go just to compete in the Warmaster.

So I guess you'll never win then huh?? :;):

Crap :down:

Anyone in the NW area of the US gonna try & go next year?? I'm shootin for it, as I really want to get out of town & go to something like this. Maybe we can work something out once we get down there.

Randy M

I was thinkin of flying down there, depends on how cheap the rates are that time of the year.

I live in Eastern Oregon (Ontario to be exact), so I'm kinda out of the way for some NW folk. I know alot of people are in the western part of the state & in WA. So I keep that in mind if something comes up that prevents me from flying down there.

Also anyone, about what a good cash total to bring down there with yah. I was thinkin close to 1000 but that a just in case I go wild at the store, or need the cash & not have to worry.

Randy M

ok 500 then ha ha

like I said more or less I might go nuts at the store, but then again airport sec will think, hmmm what's with all this metal...................... :wacko:

oh yah I plan to spend all the time I can at the con, the more the merrier.

Randy M

If Reaper stick to the same format, they'll ship stuff UPS null sweat. I got by on around $50, and I was there for 1.5 (or two) days more than most. Granted, I paid more for my flight though :o)