Next ReaperCon friendly banter

lstormhammer

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, sounds like I *really* missed out that night...

Sigh... stupid RL...

--LSH

I can so agree with that...

*kicks RL in the butt*

Next time, guys. You'll make it!

Jester Posted on Jul 27 2004, 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Kelcore @ Jul 27 2004, 03:13 PM)

With that said, I'm really looking forward to the next ReaperCon. Just being there's exciting, ne'er mind everything you learn whilst you're down there. I'm also very much looking forward to raiding that BBQ joint most of us ended up at on day one. Mmmmmmm BBQ & beers.... 

They probably have a poster at that joint that shows all of us with

"DO NOT SERVE BEER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"

LOL!

We'll have to wear disguises then! ::D:

Is it true that the Republic of Texas securred a guarentee that it could subdivide into several(I believe five) states when it joined the United States?

Yes - although I think that clause may no longer be valid. But Texans would probably revolt if anybody tried to break the state up anyway.

I read that a bill was actually introduced in the mid-nineties into the state senate to actually do the split up thing. Apparently it was quite popular an idea with the 15 representatives who wrote/sponsored it, because they had rationalized that five new states meant five new governors, and 10 new U.S. senators. I believe they dropped it when it was pointed out to them that there was no chance in heck that any of them would get elected to those newly created posts.

Is it true that the Republic of Texas securred a guarentee that it could subdivide into several(I believe five) states when it joined the United States?

Yes - although I think that clause may no longer be valid. But Texans would probably revolt if anybody tried to break the state up anyway.

I read that a bill was actually introduced in the mid-nineties into the state senate to actually do the split up thing. Apparently it was quite popular an idea with the 15 representatives who wrote/sponsored it, because they had rationalized that five new states meant five new governors, and 10 new U.S. senators. I believe they dropped it when it was pointed out to them that there was no chance in heck that any of them would get elected to those newly created posts.

Typical Texans..LOL :lol:

Hey Durak

yah I live in Ontario OR

I'm still exploring my options on this one. But that would pretty cool, how long does it take to get from here to Reaperville anyways?? I would be on limited time (depending on how much vacation I take next year, up to a week at a time)

Randy M

Whatever you do, don't take the bus. Steve and I thought about that as an option early for this past May trip, but we found out that the bus would still take another seven hours more than the drive, and would cost just as much.

Trains... forget about it! At least from where we are to Denton would actually have involved passing through a hub in D.C. (no kidding)

Flying might be your best bet unless you can find somebody else in the area who wants to share the drive with you.