It has been a while since my last post, I'm am just struggling to find the free time to sit down and paint or build at the moment.

Anyway, this week I got the opportunity to run some run some 'build along' model making workshops with the kids at the Youth Centre where I work, and we have been putting together little X-mas themed display pieces.  It was actually pretty fun being able to share and introduce a new generation to the joys of my nerdy hobby.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out so I figured I would share. 

The base is just a piece of log, and the moose is a very cheap plastic toy (I repainted mine), which I managed to find at a local discount store in big buckets of 50 animals for £2, they really cheap and nasty, but actually paint up nicely.  Everything else is just standard modeling stuff, sculptamold, static grasses, clump foliage etc.

On another note I have not forgotten about or abandoned my Apocalyptic Suburbia Journal, it is still sat on my desk gathering dust.  I plan to get back to it in the new year.

MainMoo.thumb.JPG.2c0e0c7cc0dffb602cdae08f54130c3e.JPG

Base.thumb.JPG.bb8a909e3307dc81f7a3dc69a57ff539.JPG

Moose1.thumb.JPG.232ba836c7e1914a9f03d0fbb559c297.JPG

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 21
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I few years ago I emptied a can of spray foam for some hills. I decided to hack up one to see if I could do some scatter that was more rock  pile than grassy hill like I've previously done (insert link to foam experiments thread).

About a month ago I hacked the foam hill, and last night I glued it to a dead DVD as a base and clamped it.

This is what it looks like now.

I'm going to let it dry a bit more then give it some goop, then a modge seal. Then drybrush, and maybe some flock.
    • By Inarah
      Fun little piece. I attempted to paint it in the style of Costa Rican coffee wagons.  It was a real challenge, given the irregularities of the wheel surface.  I wish it had a donkey, goat or ox to pull it.  

It will stand upright by itself on some surfaces, but I stuck a block under it to stabilize during photography. 

• By Inarah
      This could be more exciting, but it's not.  I chose this as a test piece before I tackle Dragons Don't Share II.  Nice piece, it came together in a jiffy. I'm trying to copy the local limestone, and didn't quite get there with this, but it's a starting point. 

• By Supes81
      So I really had to share this because I'm super proud of it and had to show it off 

• By saucermenstudios
      Flatline City is launching in a few weeks!  Get on the pre-launch list at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/flatline-city

Flatline City is a feature packed, customisable terrain system with modular buildings, walkways, slum stacks, twisting pipelines, underground tunnels and miniatures bases.  There are hundreds of urban & industrial components!

With a huge choice of models, you can customise the layout to match your theme and story driven campaigns.  Decide whether to create a bustling dystopian metropolis, wasteland Mega City, off world colony, industrial district, night market, gothic sanctuary or winding sewer system.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/flatline-city

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)