Hoarding - a Goblin adventure in painting

R2ED

I received my KS Goblin Brats and love them!  I'm going to have to figure out what to do with them and how i want to base them.  For the time being they are a blast to paint.  Each one has taught me something new.  The smaller details needed to get at them is good practice.  

The first one I did, I used a deeper color on the Goblin skin, but then used the actual color Goblin Skin from Vallejo.  I love the bright tone of it!  I attempted doing small highlights with yellow to bring the green forward, but I'm not sure about the results of it.  I've done two more since and been practicing on thinning a wash instead of going in layers.  It seems pretty much equal on all of them, so I think it comes down to preference.  One thing I am trying to work on is the glint in the eyes and trying to really use the bigger eyes as a means to get better at eye work.  I'm pretty happy with the results so far. 

20201227_173937.jpg

20201227_173424.jpg

20201227_173454.jpg

Oh...i did learn another valuable lesson that nearly made me cry.  After putting careful attention to highlights and such, I was adding white color to the teeth.  In doing so, I accidently had some of it bleed on to the face and immediately went to wipe it off and this happened... (see photo).

I managed to add some layers back on, but to see the work get stripped away because I was too heavy handed made me walk away and resist doing a table flip.  It's all part of learning, right?

20201226_130507.jpg

20201226_130510.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic