Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A new piece of work.
This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.
The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.
The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.
As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.
When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.
Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:
After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again. Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago.
Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash. It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed. Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green. Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste.
Thanks for looking.
Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....
So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...
Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....
So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....
About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......
OMG, please not again....
any and all comments gratefully ignored....
Better late than never.
Here's some fun Pumpkin Horrors I painted up for @Inarah for Secret Sophie this past December. I was still riding on my Halloween spirit when Secret Sophie began, but wanted to do something that fit the winter theme. Inspired by the snowman-like design of the Pumpkin horrors and my own past mistakes of leaving pumpkins outside to rot all winter, I decided to do a holiday mashup with these guys left out in the cold too long.
With some time having passed, I wish I would have made them look a bit rotten and frost-bitten, but I also like the more colorful result.
More Photos Below the Spoiler:
These were some fun minis and my first time working with metal. I have now broken the seal and have started looking into other minis that I previously considered off-limits. I also enjoyed participating in Secret Sophie and joining in to some of the forum shenanigans. I highly recommend participating in these kinds of things for any who have been reticent.
What are some of your favorite holiday minis?
My partner for the Secret Sophie exchange this year was NecroMancer and they requested demons or some other stuff, so I painted the Queen of Hell. About the same time I had ordered a 3D printer and I had found a base that kind of matched an idea I had in my head. The printer was going to ship on time, then it wasn't, then it was, and finally came in just in time to print my display base. It is from the celestial pack by Archvillain Games. It's 100mm plus some overhang. For a bit of additional flair I added some blood imps to the base.
One thing about pre-made display bases though is they can be next to impossible to actually use if they are not designed well. This base is an example of that as there is so much rubble that I had to carve away spaces for feet or build up the area with a bit of milliput to give them something to stand on. Since ancient statues were actually painted I decided to go with that and put a simple face on the bit of statue that remained.
The Queen was actually painted before my printer arrived and because things hadn't gone crazy at work yet, I actually had time to paint her properly. I went for a stylized NMM on her armor. It was the first time I had tried NMM this way. It worked but I need some more practice to really sell it. I didn't want her to look like some cheap plastic figure (even though she kinda is ) so instead of going red like the blood imps I made her skin mostly human and then put the orange/red/purples in the midtones and shadows.
Her wings don't fit in my tiny photo setup so...
And with wings. They were not attached for shipping and needed a bit of support, so ignore the paint bottle. Bones are evil. Mold lines suddenly appear everywhere. And for better or for worse, a year from now her wings will sink toward the earth, but they should rotate and touch the base.
A few extra pics I took, if anyone wants to look
Who's Online 7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)