Jump to content

Auberon Prints Mini Things


Recommended Posts

On 1/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Ah yeah, that popping sound made me afraid at first, now I know it's alright.

 

Well, I wasn't worried that it was about to explode or anything. :poke: It was just a lot noisier than the previous dozen or so prints I've done.  Logically it would be because I was creating more suction than normal, but I'm not sure why. It's not the largest print I've done nor did it have the greatest area.

 

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

These are looking great!  Looks like you have it dialed in well now.  

 

Thanks.  It' almost there, but about 1/2000 layers leaves a bit of a line.  From what I saw on some videos my factory FEP may not be at the optimal tightness, but when I tried to play with it there was no play left.  We'll see what happens when I finally have to change it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And success!  Nothing fell off and after it was done, most of the prints popped off when the plate was flexed. I have now printed all of the Loot welcome pack heroes at default scale. I think at some

It has a very low angle.  Most of the  resin drains off of it but it could stand to be a few degrees steeper.   As promised I am returning with pics.  As a word of warning, my camera is old

a.k.a. Why does Glitterwolf get to have all the fun?   Yeah, my Sonic Mini 4K has finally arrived and I can get in on the 3D printing action.  It took about a month to ship and then a week i

Posted Images

  • Moderator

The Factory FEP on the Mini 4K sucks.  It does not release the resin nearly good enough.  I was having similar issues and another user recommended switching to the Epax FEP.  I did and have had no problems ever since.  Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Factory FEP on the Mini 4K sucks.  It does not release the resin nearly good enough.  I was having similar issues and another user recommended switching to the Epax FEP.  I did and have had no problems ever since.  Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

do you recommend a FEP for the mars and mars 2 pro?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Factory FEP on the Mini 4K sucks.  It does not release the resin nearly good enough.  I was having similar issues and another user recommended switching to the Epax FEP.  I did and have had no problems ever since.  Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Know anything about the nFEP that's being talked about?

 

Our Mini hasn't shipped yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Know anything about the nFEP that's being talked about?

 

Our Mini hasn't shipped yet.

The nFEP is the Epax one that I used.  It works great with no sticking. If I were you I would just get it and switch the FEP out before you use the Mini 4K (yes, the factory FEP is that bad).  Here is the description from Amazon that I got:


image.png.daf814ba5bb35419b5b8404d4e4de968.png
 

 

 

@Ratmaster2000: Sorry, I do not know the Mars products, but I assume that if the EPAX nFEP fits it should work.  There were no premade screw holes in the nFEP I got, and I installed it as normal on the Mini 4K resin tray.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glitterwolf said:

 

So far i've been using the originals from Elegoo, no issues.

Awesome, I have a brand new mars 2 pro and two resin tanks brand new for my mars (my mars is used, so I just went ahead and bought a new build plate and tank. Probably will get a screen soon just in case).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Awesome, I have a brand new mars 2 pro and two resin tanks brand new for my mars (my mars is used, so I just went ahead and bought a new build plate and tank. Probably will get a screen soon just in case).

 

Does that have a 2K or Mono 4K screen?  I ask because if it is a Mono 4K it will be years before you need to replace the screen, if ever.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TaleSpinner said:

 

Does that have a 2K or Mono 4K screen?

 

The mars 2 pro has a 2K mono screen. However, someone (maybe uncle jessy?) explained the 4K screen, and the resolution per the size of screen is actually lower? or it was slower? one of those haha. Now I need to look that up again:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
7 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

The mars 2 pro has a 2K mono screen. However, someone (maybe uncle jessy?) explained the 4K screen, and the resolution per the size of screen is actually lower? or it was slower? one of those haha. Now I need to look that up again:)

 

OK, I looked it up too. Because it is a mono screen it will have a very long life, so I wouldn't spend your money on a screen replacement, as you may never need it.

 

If the build plate is the same size, 4K will always have better XY resolution than a 2K screen.  The reason is that a 2K screen is about a 3" screen and is projected to get to a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen is about 6", so needs little to no projection to do a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen with the same projected resolution as a 2K with a 6" build plate would have about a 10 to 12" build plate.  That is why the Sonic Mini 4K gets such accurate details, it has virtually no projection distortion because it puts the 4K screen right up against the 6" build plate with only a few mm of projection (i.e., the thickness of the glass).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

OK, I looked it up too. Because it is a mono screen it will have a very long life, so I wouldn't spend your money on a screen replacement, as you may never need it.

 

If the build plate is the same size, 4K will always have better XY resolution than a 2K screen.  The reason is that a 2K screen is about a 3" screen and is projected to get to a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen is about 6", so needs little to no projection to do a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen with the same projected resolution as a 2K with a 6" build plate would have about a 10 to 12" build plate.  That is why the Sonic Mini 4K gets such accurate details, it has virtually no projection distortion because it puts the 4K screen right up against the 6" build plate with only a few mm of projection (i.e., the thickness of the glass).

 

I have a Mars.

It is clearly mentioned that the LCD screen is a consumable.

Got 2 spares it can take up to 1000 hours they say, but it will decay.

And a spare is always good, accidents can happen..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

OK, I looked it up too. Because it is a mono screen it will have a very long life, so I wouldn't spend your money on a screen replacement, as you may never need it.

 

If the build plate is the same size, 4K will always have better XY resolution than a 2K screen.  The reason is that a 2K screen is about a 3" screen and is projected to get to a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen is about 6", so needs little to no projection to do a 6" build plate.  A 4K screen with the same projected resolution as a 2K with a 6" build plate would have about a 10 to 12" build plate.  That is why the Sonic Mini 4K gets such accurate details, it has virtually no projection distortion because it puts the 4K screen right up against the 6" build plate with only a few mm of projection (i.e., the thickness of the glass).

Yup, the mars 2 pro indeed has a long lasting mono screen, so as long as it's taken care of, I'll be good for a while.

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

I have a Mars.

It is clearly mentioned that the LCD screen is a consumable.

Got 2 spares it can take up to 1000 hours they say, but it will decay.

And a spare is always good, accidents can happen..

I also have a mars as well as my mars pro 2, and that does indeed need replacing:( Being used, who knows how long it has left:( But they are like 29 bucks, so not horrible. (considering I paid about $125 total, I think it was a good back-up)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

My non-mono screen on my Photon S lasted about a year.  The Mono screen on the Mini 4K should last 10x longer than that.  Even if it lasts 5 x longer, I am sure that there will be other reasons to just replace the printer with the latest tech after 5 years of use.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The Factory FEP on the Mini 4K sucks.  It does not release the resin nearly good enough.  I was having similar issues and another user recommended switching to the Epax FEP.  I did and have had no problems ever since.  Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

 

I see.  I will have to look into that.  I have a spare, but it is also Phrozen brand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...