SPACEFUTURE: Bombshell Space Kitty, Space Pup, and Space Ape

Space is full of perils. There are creatures out there that have evolved to be perfect predators, killing machines without remorse or hesitation, carnivores with the cunning to manipulate tool-using sentients and the ferocity to exterminate entire species. One such evolved on Earth, and is greatly in demand for controlling space-vermin infestations on board ship.

Don't leave port without a ship's cat! That's how the xenomorphs get you!

DSCN9042.thumb.JPG.0d6435e154195647020ff971732027ef.JPG
DSCN9037.thumb.JPG.d6c376aa0eabcc3f9b51b068a0617059.JPGDSCN9039.thumb.JPG.42725e73c69e6c9f9575064f0de0ce04.JPG

The handsome fellow in burgundy is Commander Mudpie, from Hydra.  More pics below: 

Spoiler

DSCN9040.thumb.JPG.91a08d77c5e99123a3ab46d31b436317.JPG
DSCN9041.thumb.JPG.56395751468ccf7c20b8d52440668235.JPG
DSCN9044.thumb.JPG.e38dcba71ec45043b3a759cc8b26eb44.JPG

You thought letting the cat in and out was a hassle on Earth...
DSCN9043.thumb.JPG.37b81784670ff245555a67c6f83ee860.JPG

The humble dog, one of Earth's first pioneers into space, can't be beat for loyalty or tracking. The hard part is making a spacesuit that can pick up scent samples in an airless environment.  DSCN9046.thumb.JPG.2bec4288a2776302ef827a3597402856.JPG
DSCN9049.thumb.JPG.9776064cde7cdac8eaa4b7bd496f74d9.JPGDSCN9048.thumb.JPG.cbc17a15e2bbda04592435438c325541.JPG

Who is a good spaceboy? It's this guy! More below:

Spoiler

DSCN9050.thumb.JPG.d0765de8655d83fe167c053d613d3106.JPG
DSCN9047.thumb.JPG.8aae78af48067f9cf7b923020aea0d49.JPGDSCN9051.thumb.JPG.5defc451a9ee573d975d78f9d782badb.JPG

And lastly, another for the Space Apes faction. Having four hands is a real problem-solver in zero-gee. I love the little thumbs on Hairy Herbert's boots. 
DSCN9052.thumb.JPG.e16b6063f5faab3a50c52d81b884b55b.JPG
DSCN9055.thumb.JPG.1a80ed2e308fcd3920c203ed515f0cfc.JPGDSCN9054.thumb.JPG.c09e7da5af223b6d64e67f09b243f95a.JPG

Again, click for more angles.

Spoiler

DSCN9053.thumb.JPG.da548f19eb6255a0d2b1669402d29343.JPG
DSCN9056.thumb.JPG.b6ecf8b826c8f053e17c29caed2c6c2f.JPG
DSCN9058.thumb.JPG.a7afb6f3dad427588a65327f2b668f2c.JPG

DSCN9057.thumb.JPG.8fe7987c9a9ad933bfc9949469d6f55f.JPG

The bubble helmets are clever, and add to the effect wonderfully. I might remove the chimpanzee's faceplate for uniformity's sake.
Special guest appearances by Space Roughnecks and Cold War's Space Ape (last seen as Gordy).

Keep watching the skies, cadets!  

• Like 17
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/1/2021 at 2:20 PM, Glitterwolf said:

That's awesome!

Love the setting!

Thank you! 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, Iridil said:

Fantastic! Love the minis, great story, and wonderful terrain/ship (would that make is aerorrain?, spacain?)

Thank you! They were a delight to make. "Voidscape," perhaps?
The MAKE SELL SHIP ANYTHING CUT PRICE is a nod to one of my favorite R. A. Lafferty stories, "In Our Block."

On 1/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, Thoramel said:

These are great, every time I see your stuff I have a strong desire to game in your worlds. 

That's about the highest praise I can think of! Thank you.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Bombshell miniatures Sister Sergeant Maelee (aka "Heresy" Maelee) is all primed up and ready for color.  This is their Con Exclusive version of Maelee, released at ReaperCon.  "Heresy" is from some gatekeeping twit on Instagram who declared  "This figure is Heresy!".  It made me laugh so, that's my nickname for her.

• By Sculptdude
      We are very excited to be able to come back and participate at ReaperCon again this year!
      There are a ton of new releases that will be in-stock at the show and a couple of other special items.

Bombshell Miniatures presents the 2021 Golden Maelee Award. This is a Sponsored Award section of the annual Reaper Master Series Open Painting Contest. All entries will be awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Bombshell Dog Tag depending on the level of painting and presentation of each entry. The brand new, larger, Golden Maelee trophies will be awarded to the top three paint jobs (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) depending on the number of entries.

Entries will need to feature at least one or more Bombshell Miniatures as the prominent subject. This can be anything from Babes, Sidekicks, KritterKins, to robots, or busts. Each entry will be judged on its own merit of painting execution, presentation, and skill.

Entries from artists who have been professionally commissioned by Bombshell Miniatures are ineligible for the Golden Maelee Trophy at this time, they may still receive Dog Tag awards.

BADGE RIBBONS
      We have some new ribbons. Come by our booth and receive our Bombshell ribbon for your visit.
      You may receive one of the other themed ribbons depending on your purchase.

THE RESIN VAT
      This year we will be offering seconds and mis-cast resin parts for sale by weight. Just scoop out what you want and we'll weigh it at check-out.
      Although these castings didn't pass muster, you may find a gem that is just right for that conversion or terrain project down the line.

COUNTERBLAST FOR SAVAGE WORLDS
      Over the past year we have been working on creating a setting book of our Counterblast game for the Savage Worlds RPG.
      Come by our booth and get the details to sit in on a couple of impromptu RPG preview sessions during the con.
      There may even be freebies involved!

We are super excited to visit with all of you again and we're looking forward to see what you've been painting!
      Patrick & Vicky

• By Restless
      I sculpted this 5 headed nightmare 🙂 Made a post about it here https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/95758-goosedra/
      And as promised, I painted it!

• By Rigel
      It would be nice to think about cyberpunk utopias, but somehow those just don't grip the popular imagination. Instead it's always overcast or raining, the sky is brocced, corporations own everything and everyone and surveillance is ubiquitous. There's money to be had, but barely enough to buy noodles unless you're connected...or willing to ignore corporate law.

Devo Ranks eats the *fancy* noodles every day. They have Skillz.

Click for more angles.

Hacking into a Public Service Panopticon? CHILD'S PLAY. 

If you need muscle? Devo Knows A Guy. Or lady, really.

Don't worry, Dez! Those cameras are showing nothing but innocuous looped footage now.

No one pays the cleaners enough in the cyberpunk dystopian future. 

I won't pretend to understand what kind of cyber-heist these three are conducting. 

But you can be sure they have made Powerful Enemies, as well as enough credits to afford the FANCY noodles for the rest of the year!

Devo is a fun one. Gender-ambiguous and tech-savvy. Because cyberpunk is inextricable from the late 80s and early 90s, I gave Devo the most day-glo Nickelodeon counterculture wardrobe I could think of. Dez from Bombshell we have seen before, in the post-apocalyptic Radlands, as well as the little sniper from Crooked Dice. 

The Public Service Panopticonnouncer was made from  SD card placeholders and chunks of expired credit card, along with I think a vape component. The text, like much of the signage on the building, comes from a beer can label artfully chopped into pieces and rearranged into vaguely menacing advertisements. Also some sprue and all the camera-looking Bitz and Gunz in my Bitz Box. 

I don't have any cyberpunk setting or games planned, but I can feel the itch growing. C&C welcome.
    • By Restless
      I saw a picture online of an angry 5 headed white goose suggested as a custom monster for D&D. And I just couldn't resist 😄 Behold, the dreaded GOOSEDRA!
      I will make a separate thread in Painting Show Off once I paint it 🙂

Close up of the heads

This wants to be a Chinese Goose head.

And of course I had to have the memed Untitled Goose with a knife head

And a Canada Goose Head as the leader

The other 2 heads I'll paint as Greylag geese

This is how I made it.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)