Getting to Know You January 2021!

21 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 7th:

Hogwarts, Aretuza, Scholomance, Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy: all are names of some well-known magic schools in fiction. What name would you give to a school for magical study?

that burning hole in the ground school for wizards who only bothered to learn fireball

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have the misfortune to end up at my house right now, you can cook for yourself. And while you’re at it, clean up the kitchen and take out the trash.

Swears.

Does getting married count?

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 8th:

How many alarms do you set to wake up in the morning (or your equivalent time of day if you have a non-traditional schedule)?

(I use whatever facility (app) my phone has for setting off alarms, if I need to wake at a particular hour.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

How many alarms do you set to wake up in the morning (or your equivalent time of day if you have a non-traditional schedule)?

At least 9, spaced 5 minutes apart. I usually don't need that many, but it's getting harder to wake up every day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Right now?  None whatsoever, unless I'm trying to be up to get into CRA queues, or have an early phone call I have to make.

When I was working?  One.  I did two years ago, but the one is fine - hubby will come in 15 minutes later and be all "y'know yer supposed to get up when it goes off, right?" or equally silly quip...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 1/6/2021 at 10:12 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 7th:

Hogwarts, Aretuza, Scholomance, Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy: all are names of some well-known magic schools in fiction. What name would you give to a school for magical study?

Oh, I have named one: Treamity’s College for Young Mages. Treamity being the gnomish founder. The school accepts anyone, as long as their studies remain ethical (they even have a class on Magical Ethics).

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

1. Sometimes I even let it go off.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

or 4 if small animals that live inside the house count as alarms

hundreds if we count the birds outside

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 1/6/2021 at 10:46 PM, pcktlnt said:

Was 2016 the first year at the hotel but we had to shuttle to that convention store thing? If so, then I remember Morihalda during that year cause I texted her "ewwww" when she said she was coming downstairs.  XD

HAHA that was definitely my first year then!!

I always try to hang out with you for a little bit each year, TGP! That's probably why. :)

-

I'm lucky enough that I'm able to wake up later in the day. Early mornings call for a billion alarms. We sleep with the door closed for my husband's allergies now, so I have a cat alarm around 7 (Kai wants his dad's attention) and 9 (Seyda wants her mom's). :lol:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

None!

Because I get to work at a natural schedule for my elfed-up sleep pattern I don't need them! I wake up around 1pm most days quite naturally.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Just one. 

20 years in the Navy has taught me to wake up for alarms. It also taught me to wake up for any noise that is out of the ordinary.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

When I used to go to work I just needed the one.

Nowadays I don't use one. If I have to get up early, I get so anxious about over-sleeping that I'll be awake long before I need to be.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I set 1 alarm at 6 am for work days.

Non-work days is dependent on my 1 year old son

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I typically get up at 5:30am on weekdays and start work at 6:00 (at least while working from home during COVID; the commute is awesome).  That lets me be done with work at 2:30.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

None. I just naturally wake up at the same time every day...or earlier if a certain politico is part of a dream.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.