Getting to Know You January 2021!

ManvsMini

12 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 1st:

Happy New Year! Forget the resolutions, which are usually what you are going to START or STOP doing. Tell us, what are you going to KEEP doing from last year (hobby-related or not, your choice)?

I'm going to keep working on slowly building up this box fort of scale model kits... Hey, it's a lot easier to build a fort with large boxes than it is blister packs! 

On a more serious note, I'm going to keep working on having at least a bit of time every day for hobbying, even when I get my job back (or find another one).  I don't care if it's sling paint for 20 minutes or even just work on assembling something. Progress on things is progress! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Happy New Year! Forget the resolutions, which are usually what you are going to START or STOP doing. Tell us, what are you going to KEEP doing from last year (hobby-related or not, your choice)?

I’m going to keep trying my best to be a good mother. Which means being better at Adulting. Seriously, I’m so bad at it sometimes :wacko:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Keep painting, gardening, and brewing to fill the time up. Keep finding muddy places to hike around in. Keep on working at improving water quality a bit at a time at my job. Keep helping friends and family keep their heads above water. Basically, just keep getting by day to day and keep trying to be a decent person. I'm also going to keep killing my group's PC's in horrible situations cause even decent people need an outlet. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

New year, same goal:

I need to do more mini painting. Other then that I'll keep buying stls so I have as many physical miniatures in my house!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm going to continue to keep painting as much as possible and to continue to fill up a little bird feeder that I hid in the woods on my morning exercise route. It's been hovering around freezing lately and I'm pretty sure that I now know passerine for "Oh boy, here's that human with the sunflower hearts, we're saved!!!"

18 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm going to keep nagging @Kuroneko to supply us with more Scottish vocabulary words. Maybe not "word of the day" but at least a "word of the month." A weekly word would be awesome though... :ph34r:

I'm really going to have to go back through my posts and see what works I've actually inflicted on you lot. I really don't want to repeat myself. Either that or just start quoting Robert Burns poems wholesale.....or just random photos of my home island ::D:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

• Keep the inventorying up.
  • Keep painting.
  • Keep organizing everything in anticipation for Bones V.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm really going to have to go back through my posts and see what works I've actually inflicted on you lot. I really don't want to repeat myself.

I can help with that (yes, I kept a vocab list, how else can I practice?).

• boak
  • minging
  • scunner
  • gie braw scran
  • everything in yer favours against ye
  • dreich
  • drookit
  • hoachin'
  • midden
  • skight

Edit: oh, and my most used: fizzy juice.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

20 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

The buying of more minis: goes without saying really.

Keep playing in, contributing to, Anne Foerster's D&D stream-game / character painting / world-building project. It is fun.

Here is a link to the associated World Anvil page: https://www.worldanvil.com/w/streamgame-paintingbig

I am going to hunt Racoons, again. Sigh. Sorry Ryngs…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 2nd:

What piece of hobby equipment did you use most last year? (A brush does count if you are so inclined.)

I wish I could say it was brush soap, I've got to start looking after my little guys better. (Guys: girls don't have "brush cuts".)

Actually, I'm going to throw in a shameless promo for GW's Citadel Paint app. They really need to update it with April's new colours, but it's still wonderful and free...but you will buy more paint. I keep my phone on my paint desk so I can use it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What piece of hobby equipment did you use most last year? (A brush does count if you are so inclined.)

I'm going to go with my files.  So much so I now have two more sets - one for my scale models, and one for my tabletop wargaming minis.  Why two sets?  Well, they're different coloured handles first and foremost, and secondly, one is specifically cut for use with the plastic used in scale model kits (forgot the name of it), while the other is diamond tipped.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

No idea. At all. 

(Does / Can a computer count?)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1