ManvsMini

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 17th:

Is there a particular movie or TV show that you regularly quote?

Every time I wake up, stretch and yawn, I somehow sound like I'm quoting Chewbacca from any of the Star Wars movies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

56 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

If there is, I do it so automatically I don't notice it. 

With certain specific people I will do MPATHG quotes, but only when talking to them. That moves Holy Grail quotes into a category best labeled rarely, instead of regularly. Otherwise, I will quote things from various movies and videos, but I jump around using different sources. :huh: So, IDK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 16th:

Have you ever had a side job in addition to your regular work, or considered having one? What was it or would it be?

I tried that when I was younger, and found it rather frustrating, doubly so because the second job would keep trying to say you filled the tax forms out wrong and you're all "Uhh, I claimed zero because I already claimed the full amount at job one..."   or it was scheduling that was the biggest pain, since even if you set availability to be different at each job you would still have a manager calling you to try and cover a shift.. 

The most annoying part though isn't the juggling, or it not seeming to give you all that much extra, it's that it has a significantly higher overhead and stress level to it I just can't handle...  That and the complete lack of free time. 

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I probably quote from a few sources, but it's more a natural thing to me that I don't even realize it.  I do however, quote Spaceman Spiff all. The. Time. 

What's that?  Oh, it's my warband... Of DOOM.  And that?  Oh, that's the shelf of doom.  Random things like that, but I do it almost without realizing it, so it's hard to deliberately choose something. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Parks and Recreation is my go to quote machine

But I do throw out Venture Bros quotes regularly 

On 1/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 16th:

Have you ever had a side job in addition to your regular work, or considered having one? What was it or would it be?

I used to referee football as a side job and was making $300+ a week on top of my normal paycheck 

Edited by Smallbunyanga
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Princess Bride, as already noted, is a goldmine of weekly dialogue for me. Scrubs is also one I find frequently being referenced. Lately I've found myself quoting Super Troopers 2 a lot, particularly when I'm talking with my brother.

Some very good choices have been mentioned. The quote geek in me is proud of you all.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Not really.

Let me think of an answer, that'll be great.

I'll be back, mmmkay?

You can't handle the truth!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Rocky Horror Picture Show and various callbacks.

I'm on of those shadow casters who acts out the movie during midnight showings. I have that script memorized. I do not quote it by choice, but by habit. 

For the same reason I have a slew of callbacks memorized that we shout during midnight showings. And similarly, I have a few other movies memorized as well, as we occasionally perform Shock Treatment, Reefer Madness the Movie Musical, REPO! The Genetic Opera, Phantom of the Paradise, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

I am your go-to source for bad movie musicals.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh, yes. There's a great old movie called "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming". This is set during the Cold War and the crew of a Russian submarine finds itself beached on a sandbar off the coast of a small American fishing village. One guy speaks English and he is trying to teach it to the others. He enunciates, "Emergency, emergency". I thought this was the funniest thing in the world and I do it all the time when things are bad, but not an actual police/fire/ambulance emergency, like when the pipe burst at work. 

There's a comedy folk song by Cletus T Judd called "It's Me Again, Margaret". I won't ruin it for you, but if you call someone in my family twice in a 15 minute period, you get to say in a southern drawl, "It's me again, Margaret". 

And of course, we have Forrest Gump Day at least once a month at work.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

There's a comedy folk song by Cletus T Judd called "It's Me Again, Margaret"

That's actually not the original version, I just listened to make sure. Ray Stevens originally did it back in the '80s. His stuff is quite good (but pales in comparison to Weird Al).

• Like 4