Getting to Know You January 2021!

ManvsMini

22 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 19th:

What is your least favorite mode of transportation? (Ex. car, train, flying, bike, etc.)

Shetland Pony

oh, wait that's not a mode of transportation, that's a mode of staying in the same place and getting very frustrated. c.f. Public Transport

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2021 at 11:32 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 15th:

You are given power over one of the classical four elements (earth, fire, wind, water). Which do you choose to control?

Earth. I always imagine the rocks smiling when I call them to pummel some a hole.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 16th:

Have you ever had a side job in addition to your regular work, or considered having one? What was it or would it be?

I've done commission painting and worked in a game store on the side. That was BC... before children.

23 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What is your least favorite mode of transportation? (Ex. car, train, flying, bike, etc.)

Cross country skiing. It seriously took me a long time to come up with that... but I really find it awful, I like downhill skiing. Cross country skiing is worse than running (my runner up.. hahaha) because it makes something fun into something so droll. At least running is honestly sadistic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 20th:

Does your family/spouse/S.O./best friend/whoever enjoy telling embarrassing stories about you in front of company? If so, how about vice versa; can they take it as well as they give it?

My father does

He cannot take any story being told about him that makes him out as anything other than the hero

Hence I haven't spoken to him in about 6 months and haven't seen him since Christmas 2019

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Does your family/spouse/S.O./best friend/whoever enjoy telling embarrassing stories about you in front of company? If so, how about vice versa; can they take it as well as they give it?

Nah, we all tend to tell inside jokes and then need to tell the whole story to the ones not yet on the inside.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:10 PM, ManvsMini said:

Skateboards/Skates/Scooters < Bicycles Passenger Aircraft < Cars

No Idea where to file Trains. There are no trains for me. No current XP with trains. The last train I was on, was the monorail at Disneyworld. I was 14? then.

23 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Does your family/spouse/S.O./best friend/whoever enjoy telling embarrassing stories about you in front of company?

No

My family is a very need-to-know organization.(See below)

23 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

If so, how about vice versa; can they take it as well as they give it?

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I say nothing, I KNOW Nothing !!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

In his capacity as my DM, Hubby has no compunctions about telling new players the stupid things I’ve done while under the influence of D&D. And he takes ribbing more gracefully than I do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

In all honesty... I've no idea if hubby and I do such or not.  Occasionally stories about my shenanigans get told, but no idea if we do embarrassing stories or not. 

About the only story I tell is the first time at the pistol range.  Every one of my shots hit a target....  Mine just happened to have something like seven or eight less holes than I thought, while hubby's had exactly that many extra...  Range officer had no idea how on earth I pulled such off, with hubby's target being two lanes over..!!!   I had no idea either! 

I know hubby can take it a lot better than I can though.  Still can't believe hubby lied about my birthday at one place to get me a free dessert (my birthday had been the week before, but we were out with friends) and so they wound up having me wear the moose head of shame... Grr.  I think that photo is properly lost now, but it's come back three times so....

Family I do my best to avoid, which thankfully is fairly easy due to them being at least a province and 1,200ish kilometers away.  I have relatives a two hour drive or so away, but that requires driving, and a vehicle too.  There's just too much tension with family. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I occasionally getting a ribbing from my friend about any hobby mistakes that I do, but I have far more dirt on here and I pull up the archives as soon as she says anything about me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

My wife doesn't talk much as an introvert but we will occasionally delve into those type of stories. 

But with my best friends, everything is fair game. 

Edited by Smallbunyanga
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:10 AM, ManvsMini said:

Cars. I hate how our society has built itself around this little expensive destructive mostly underutilized pollution monster. To accommodate it, public transportation modes have been underfunded or outright destroyed. They make riding bikes incredibly dangerous. Don't even get me started on insurance...

For all the faults the NYC subway system has, it is (sadly) probably one of the best systems in the USA, and it's a model that every city should try to improve on.

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Yes, but only in good fun. And also yes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

No; that never happened with anyone close to me that I can recall.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Mildly embarrassing but mostly just amusing yes, anything beyond that is no ones business.

Yes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yep, all the time from my wife and I. But we don't ever bring up anything seriously embarrassing, it's more like just telling funny stories about one another to entertain folks. My good friends are the same way, we're always reminding each other of dumb stuff we've done when in larger groups.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My whole family does.  It is who we are.  My wife's family is just opposite.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1