Getting to Know You January 2021!

ManvsMini

Jan 3rd 

One final query about last year, then we're putting that behind us! What's one mini/bust/box-set from your stash that you wish you had painted last year, but didn't get around to doing? Pics are welcome, but not mandatory.

Its mostly Kingdom Death Stuff: 

I really ment to paint the Dragon King from Kingdom Death this year, but it is huge and I am just not ready to work on it. 

It would be a prime candidate for airbrushing, but I don't want to invest the time or money into learning it. 

dking.jpg.9d3aabb4bfa8134de330aef44f8687b1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 4th:

Cold weather/winter means baked goods in my household. What is your go-to baked treat/good when it gets cold?

Treat - Stroopwafels heated over a hot drink

Food - Boerenkool Stamppot. ( Kale Mash with Potatoes, Bacon and Dutch smoked Sausauge and mustard)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Cold weather/winter means baked goods in my household. What is your go-to baked treat/good when it gets cold?

Usually biscotti or oatmeal cookies, since I'm more likely to have all the ingredients for those than most other stuff. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

No baked goods here regardless of the temperature..

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I got two in the kickstarter, fully intending to paints them as a Rathalos and Rathian (male and female wyverns from the Monster Hunter computer game)

Never heard of those (not a computer gamer for the most part), but I really like the look of that red one, may have to look for some more photos of that beastie and see if I can adapt it to this wyvern. Thanks.

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Chocolate chip cookies. Which is pretty much my go to baked treat year round.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

We are a chocolate family, so it's either chocolate chip cookies or brownies. We usually keep several boxes of brownie mix in the pantry. It's a special occasion when they are made from scratch.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I mostly bake meals, not cookies/bars/breads/cakes/etc. We're not big dessert folk.

We tend to go in for casseroles more in the winter, lots of cheese and goo (it's usually requested as 'make something that goes "splorp"'). This year I've been pressure cooking meats and doing more pasta as the weather has turned. Currently tweaking my fast tomato sauce for work nights. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 1:01 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 3rd:

One final query about last year, then we're putting that behind us! What's one mini/bust/box-set from your stash that you wish you had painted last year, but didn't get around to doing? Pics are welcome, but not mandatory.

*Looks at the 100 or so primed Star Wars Legion figs waiting to be painted*......ummmm, one, huh?  Ok, this guy:
20200325_IMG_0239.jpg.7ef294b0b96430bc14eb9c7c38d84f2c.jpg

The AT-ST....the bikes actually got painted, and the Rebel Scum in the background might get painted someday....and I'll get back to finishing those CAV eventually......

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

We're on low carb, so turkey!!!  It's also my favorite food pretty much any other time. ::D:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Go back enough years, it was cookies or brownies.  Nowadays, we don't really do that much baking in our house >.>;;;;  Banana bread is amazing when it's cold outside though...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If we stick to pure baked goods, basically nothing. I haven't baked in several years.

But for winter treats, it's a big bowl of thick hearty home made soup.

I always have a large pot of soup ready in the fridge as soon as summer is done. Either with chunky vegetables (diced tomatoes, carrots, peas, etc.), or blended veggies (carrots, butternut squash, leaks). All prepared with some turkey/pork stock I keep in the freezer and plenty of spices.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The cold weather is when I start hankering for pies and pasties, I try and resist though, because I know they're no good for me.

And now I really want a Cornish Pasty.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

We've been feeling a bit down lately, so it's been cake and biscuit time. The last two days have seen 2 cakes and 80+ biscuits :winkthumbs:

IMG_20210104_152336711.thumb.jpg.b4beb5a7db4fd18a5235cd7582cfb114.jpgIMG_20210103_153014937.thumb.jpg.ad6adab4cc4fcf23ddf7c59000e0248a.jpgIMG_20210103_105734145.thumb.jpg.4f08618729ba5dad61c981aed55aa3a6.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2