Getting to Know You January 2021!

ManvsMini

17 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 4th:

Cold weather/winter means baked goods in my household. What is your go-to baked treat/good when it gets cold?

I don't generally associate baked goods with cold weather.

At the risk of pre-emptively answering a different question, hot chocolate was definitely the go-to drink after being out in the snow all day as a kid.

Sometimes it still is as a grown-up, only now a little splash of an adult beverage might find it's way in there, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/2/2021 at 7:56 AM, TGP said:

I am now almost certain my parents were bad at adulting, they just play-pretended otherwise much of the time.

I’ve come to the conclusion that that’s what parenting really is. I’m just cosplaying a mom from a sitcom right now.

On 1/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 3rd:

One final query about last year, then we're putting that behind us! What's one mini/bust/box-set from your stash that you wish you had painted last year, but didn't get around to doing? Pics are welcome, but not mandatory.

Ugh. Literally anything. I started painting a couple, but got side tracked, then my desk got buried, then sick, the holidays, then desk buried... literally, anything at all :unsure:

22 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Cold weather/winter means baked goods in my household. What is your go-to baked treat/good when it gets cold?

I don’t really associate cold weather with baked goods either. I tend to want chili or stew when it’s cold. Maybe some yummy bread to go with the stew though.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:01 PM, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 3rd:

One final query about last year, then we're putting that behind us! What's one mini/bust/box-set from your stash that you wish you had painted last year, but didn't get around to doing? Pics are welcome, but not mandatory.

Baba Yaga's Hut, plans for doing it this year.

23 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I generally want soup when it gets cold, usually /good/ broccoli cheddar soup. As far as baked goods I'd go for a good cheese danish of course if take one any time of year.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for January 5th:

Some of the best comedy incorporates real-life happenings. If you did stand-up comedy, how well would your spouse or significant other (either past or current) take jokes that are about them? Or family members?

My wife had appreciated that I was a total goober.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Some of the best comedy incorporates real-life happenings. If you did stand-up comedy, how well would your spouse or significant other (either past or current) take jokes that are about them? Or family members?

Poorly, but that's her whole side of the family.  My side how ever will take a joke.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I used to do stand up during open mic years ago. Most of my material wasn't really domestic, but I did throw in some mother in law jokes from time to time, but since most of the audience was 18-25 they didn't relate to it all that much. The Virgo I was seeing at the time didn't seem fazed by them but then she didn't get along well with her mother so that may have been a factor. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I expect my wife would be fine about them if they were about her or her brothers, or all her crazy aunts.  Just not about the kids.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I did stand up. Old Crazy Linda, my ex, never objected. Of course, she never heard the stuff either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Making jokes about my girl?

I'm not suicidal...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm terrible at delivery on jokes, so... Yeah, I wouldn't be doing such. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My partner: She probably wouldn't care so much for it, but maybe, depending on the joke. I mean we poke fun at one another all the time, but not usually in public.

My family: Oh, they'd be fine with it. We're a bit of a rowdy, uncultured bunch for the most part who love to laugh. Even when the joke is on us.

My partner's family: No. They'd take any joke personally and likely wouldn't speak to me for a while. But they're all really horrible people I can't stand being around. So if I were doing stand up comedy, I could definitely see a lot of jokes about them. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As I have no S.O. currently, I can tell as many jokes about them as I want and have no worries. One of them that I cohabitated with in the past would not have taken well to it; definitely a "walking on eggshells" situation. The ex-fiancee, eh, she probably would have taken it better, seeing as how she took great joy in laughing about most things, especially when they came at my expense; the most I probably would have gotten was a middle finger and maybe a night on the couch.

My family is a gold mine for jokes, yet it would burn quite a few bridges with some members. The key would be knowing where the line not to cross is.

• Like 8