Nativity scene... yes, i know it's late.

This one was started back in Nov, but obviously got back logged.  I got through most of them and just lost steam.  Here's how most of it came out.  Still finishing the manger and one wise man.  

The three in most pleased with are baby Jesus, herding boy, and the donkey. 

20210102_113041.jpg

20210102_113015.jpg

20210102_112717.jpg

20210102_112647.jpg

20210102_112613.jpg

20210102_112538.jpg

20210102_111526.jpg

20210102_111313.jpg

• Like 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By strawhat
      I actually finished this some time ago, but frankly wanted to get it over to Ma and Pa Strawhat's ASAP as we knew that Ma wouldn't be around too much longer.  As such, I didn't have the option to get pictures (as soon as I finished sealing it, I went to bed, then boxed it up the next evening as soon as I got home from work and ran it out there).  I grabbed Ma's phone one afternoon while I was over there waiting for hospice to arrive and took a few pictures.  I had hoped that Ma would post them so I could grab them, but she didn't.  The pictures are a little dark (I'm not real good at using other phones), but I think the idea comes across.

• By Valthorn_Illian
      Christmas gift for my Mother. The size difference threw me for a loop the whole way through but I got it done just in time.

I let yaw know what she says tonight or tomorrow.

• By Gargs
      Just curious, is the Nativity set only going to be available around Christmas, or is the plan to make it generally available year round (realizing of course that supplies might be limited).?
    • By Glitterwolf
      I want to give my girlfriend's parents a little gift this X-mas ( well a bit before that).

So I decided to make a little vignette of the Nativity Set.

I found this nice dome for 5 euros..

I had to skip the idea of the three Kings.
      But my girl explained to me that they visited later, so it wouldn't be a problem to just use the Nativity set itself, a sheperd and a few animals.
      Else it would get too crowded on the little wooden plate.

The Donkey and Oxen are supposed to keep Baby Jesus warm with their breath. So that's why they stand so close.

The Cow will be mutilated converted into an Oxen.

Here is the set up.

I might have to move them a little more forward to close the gap.

**** But Herman December is a long time away! Why start now?****

*** Have you noticed how slow I paint?***

• By Inarah
      My final figure for 2016, Gabrielle by Bombshell.  I slightly altered the position of her arm, and changed her stance by basing her on a step, so it looks more like she is running, rather than lunging.  Really proud of her face, I used a magnifying glass in addition to my usual painting glasses, so I could get the detail. 

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)