Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
I had started this meaning to use it for the reapercon quad color clash. But I took too long and then decided it need another 3 colors. So technically it's 7 color. Mint green vampire mist, dungeon grey, some old hd blue who's label fell off, carbon grey, shadowed stone, golden glow.
By Conan the Painter
I am currently in somewhat beginning stages of trying to build an entire medieval village out of dollarstore foam and hotglue, this was the third building I've ever built actually. Unfortunately it was super hard to get decent pictures of it.. but I'm pretty sure that it at least looks ok. As a side note, I have absolutely no clue how historically accurate this thing is. It looked somewhat like stuff Ive seen in shows and online and I figured that it was for either frostgrave or dnd so It doesnt have to be the pinnacle of realism lol.
So some times you just done get things finished with the deadline you have imposed on yourself and this elf was one of those self-imposed deadlines. I wanted to have her done by Christmas, but just got too busy with other miniatures and other things. I got this figure if I recall last Christmas when I won her with some others on a Reaper Christmas Giveaway on Twitch.
Here she is:
Always thought she was a cute little figure. The other ones I want but they haven't sold them for a few Christmasses now are the two elves, naughty and nice. But one of these days I'm sure they will pop up again.
Anyhoos, enjoy, happy belated Christmas and New Year!
Who's Online 7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)