https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30674374/hall-fame-los-angeles-dodgers-manager-tommy-lasorda-dies-93

A true link to my childhood when I loved watching baseball. While I was kinda of a Yankee fan (my aunt & uncle lived in NY state & my grandmother & I would go see them a few times when I was 9 to 12 years old), I eventually became a Braves fan due to TBS showings. I just remember the Dodgers & Tommy as their manager. 93 is ripe old age but still you hate seeing people leave the Earth.

RIP, Mr Lasorda.

• Sad 6
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame. Life long Reds fan, so definitely spent most of the 80's rooting against the Dodgers. But Lasorda was one of the greatest managers of that time period. And even if you were cheering for someone else, you couldn't help but recognize his ability to put together great teams. And on top of that his larger than life personality and charisma made him a perfect ambassador for baseball in general. He'll be missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

What a shame. Life long Reds fan, so definitely spent most of the 80's rooting against the Dodgers. But Lasorda was one of the greatest managers of that time period. And even if you were cheering for someone else, you couldn't help but recognize his ability to put together great teams. And on top of that his larger than life personality and charisma made him a perfect ambassador for baseball in general. He'll be missed. 

This. Definitely this.

• Like 2

Tommy Lasorda was also a popular motivational speaker and a restaurateur, with an Italian Restaurant [named Lasorda's] in South Pasadena.

When Lasorda retired and the O'Mally family sold the team, I just lost interest in the Dodgers.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Lasorda.

• Like 2