Sign in to follow this  
JamesThurman

Belt Buckle with miniatures

I haven't posted here before and I'm very curious to hear what everyone thinks.  I'm a metalsmith who also enjoys painting miniatures.  I finally decided to combine them and this is my first piece in that series, a belt buckle about envy titled "Oceanic Nazar Boncugu".  On the side is the Sea Creature of Blood Reef (50168) and on the back are two of the Aquatic Familiars (03612).

I know this Forum is focused on painting but I'm interested in any comments, criticism, or feedback on any part of this piece.  I'm working on more pieces combining metalsmithing & miniatures and I'm looking forward to sharing more in the future...

_TMP6987_FNVirtual.jpg

_TMP7003_FNVirtual.jpg

_TMP7012_FN.jpg

_TMP7018_FNVirtual.jpg

• Like 20

Looks pretty neat.  However being a fan of buckles and minis myself the pewter being as soft as it is. It wouldn’t be ideal as attachments as they could bend easily, chipping and breaking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeepnewbie said:

Looks pretty neat.  However being a fan of buckles and minis myself the pewter being as soft as it is. It wouldn’t be ideal as attachments as they could bend easily, chipping and breaking. 

Agreed.

I’m assuming these are meant for display only and not to be used?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, this piece was designed for display only but I'm working on the next belt buckle that has a mini only on the front and protected by the spun exterior ring.  Really appreciating the feedback...

• Like 1