Sign in to follow this  
bojesphob

Jumped in head first....

36 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

WOW! OnTrac just came to the door and dropped off this huge package of two boxes taped together::o: I think it came from Chino,CA??? I was not expecting it to come in so quickly. Definitely have to get the garage going now:rolleyes: Weird though, I am hoping they just use the same packing boxes and just put a sticker on for US. on one side it says EU, but on the opposite side, they both have US strickers. Maybe I'll make a quick unboxing just showing them and verifying power:) They actually got here before the used Mars from Texas!

Great! Mine are in route to me and will be here tomorrow. I even bought about 30+ bucks worth of STLs to start with :lol: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

Great! Mine are in route to me and will be here tomorrow. I even bought about 30+ bucks worth of STLs to start with :lol: 

I hadn't even got the printer yet and already dropped like $120 on two kickstarters:)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I hadn't even got the printer yet and already dropped like $120 on two kickstarters:)

I would have, had I known I was even going to entertain getting one. Up until I sold those football cards, it was going to be a "maybe in 12 months" type of thing since it wouldn't fit into my current budget. Once I knew how much I was bringing in, I knew I needed the tools and headlights, and I thought I COULD use the rest of the money to pay off some debt, but that's all I've been doing for a while now with most of my extra money and wanted to do something fun part of it. I still have a few hundred extra to throw towards debt, so it's not like I'm being completely irresponsible LOL Once I get everything all set up, and a little more free money, this is my current list of "have to buy":

Cold Giant

720X720-icegiant3.jpg

Dark vs. Gray Dragon:

720X720-dualdragon1logo.jpg

Kraken

720X720-kraken-tpl.jpg

Green Dragon

720X720-render12.jpg

Blue Dragon

720X720-bluedragon2-logo.jpg

Ancient Red Dragon

720X720-elderreddragon01.jpg

Tiamut (because who wouldn't want this bad boy sitting next to Reaper's version???)

720X720-tiamat2.jpg

Cthuhlu

720X720-cthulhu1.jpg

Bahamut

720X720-bahamut-close.jpg

Asian Fire Dragon

720X720-fire-dragon-2.jpg

Mind Flayer Dragon

720X720-flayer-1.jpg

Just noticed that's going to be a LOT of resin LOL And, with all of the Reaper (and other) dragons I already have, I'm going to need more space to display them when they're painted! I'm sure my wife will love that :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@bojesphob If you do not need these right now wait a while.

These will turn up for SALE every now and then Lord of the Print will be 50% off during Sales and I've already seen those about 4 times a year in sales.

They WILL go on sale again some time again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@bojesphob If you do not need these right now wait a while.

These will turn up for SALE every now and then Lord of the Print will be 50% off during Sales and I've already seen those about 4 times a year in sales.

They WILL go on sale again some time again.

I figured i would wait on them. I want to make sure I get the process down before I start any large miniatures. Jorgmundir will be the first one I try for the larger ones, but even that one will wait as well even though I have the STL for it already. What I did was get the Pirate stuff that you had posted in the thread about the pirate ship from Bones V (can't have too many tables, treasure, pirate cages, etc LOL), the cannon ball monkey from the same company, the God King Anubis from Archvillian Games, the really cool dragon skull from the Dragon Trappers Lodge (will show it below, that one is COOL!!), and the Fantasin from Lord of the Print. All relatively small (except the dragon skull) and a good place to start I think.

Here's the dragon skull. Couldn't say no! Will paint this and maybe even mount it like a trophy LOL

720X720-skull-1-02.jpg

• Like 5

Well, first print attempt failed miserably. But, after reading the bottle for the clear resin, I don't think I had the exposure set properly. I have it rerunning now to see it will work. Set up was exceptionally easy, and hopefully after adjusting the layer cure time will get the second attempt to print properly. Will post when I get a good print!!

• Like 4

Finally got the settings right, and got the Mandolorian printed from a free STL. Have a few other things printing right now (using some advice from Glitterwolf :) ) and he turned out pretty good! I'm pretty sure the yellowing is from him sitting in the printer overnight, and I didn't cure him until this morning, but not really worried about it with him as I will be painting him and not keeping him clear. The Child is printing right now along with some pirate stuff, so once I get those cleaned and cured, I'll post some pics of those too. I did end up snapping Mando's legs off when I was trimming off the supports, but it was easy enough to glue him back together. Mando.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Yellowing is pretty normal on 'clear' resins, unfortunately. 

Some are worse than others. 

doesn't bother me too much. I only got the clear for things like water bases or effects on minis, so they'll be getting a wash and then a drybrush on top even if they stay clear. Mando will be fully painted, so you won't even notice when I'm all done :)

• Like 2

Learned some new stuff over the weekend.... Mainly that sometimes there aren't enough supports on some of the pieces even if you do the "auto" function in the slicing software. This, in turn, caused one of the legs of the Mandalorian to partially drop off of the base and damage the FEP film. So, new ones ordered... Anyhow, I got quite a bit printed, and am learning a lot about it as I go along. I am THOROUGHLY impressed with the quality of prints this Anycubic Photon mono makes!! Just need to figure out a good place for it and the wash/cure stand as where they're at now isn't going to work long term. Got my dragon skull printed AND painted! Really will look nice with the Bones V Dragon Bust that I'll be getting :) The first part of the pic is the front of the mini when it was based, the second part is where I'm at right now. I think I'm going to go in and clean up some of the areas around the teeth, as I didn't notice until I looked at the pictures that it looks like some of the white bled into the black recesses.

DragonSkull.jpg

Dragon Skull

And, Anubis God King is mostly printed. I didn't realize how big this mini was until I had it printed! Still need to print off the mummies on the base when I get the new FEP films.

AnubisIP.jpg

Anubis

• Like 1