Ian Lovecrafts The Frost is Coming. STL-3D Files Kickstarter

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is on Putty and Paint, it's mentioned as being painted for this Kickstarter! So this wil be one of the 3D files/miniatures!    

What's that, Universe, you WANT me to run an Eberron game with lots of airship on airship action?   Okay, if you insist!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

That stagecoach might go well with the current Zombicide Kickstarter ... maybe I'll use it instead of the train? ...

I like the look of it.

I will probably make another Vampire Coach from that one.

5 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

And hello again here, @Glitterwolf

I feel like Giants for the Old Knight to joust at are inevitable 

They already have the giants -

image.png.2db2f7d1ea6da34c6c6f798abef09d75.png

Well, they might be giants.

(If anyone wonders where the band gets its name.)

The Auld Grump - I was once at a food co-op when Man of La Mancha broke out.....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

They already have the giants -

image.png.2db2f7d1ea6da34c6c6f798abef09d75.png

I know people plan KS well before a launch date, but I find is kinda hilarious to see this & "the Frost is Coming" in the same talk, with all the talk about windmills - Texas freeze, etc etc. <_< Anyways, I really want to like this KS, there is just not enough to really say "Pledge!" thou. I really like Ian's work, I've did the pirate/Cthulhu one so I know what kinda of quality we'd be getting.

Heck, I am almost ready to back out of the Wu-Kong KS as well as that one has kinda sputtered beyond the initial interest for it.

• Like 1

As it happens I cancelled my pledge for Iain Lovecraft Frost KS.

I have no use for most of  the buildings.

Most of the minis are cool but I have a lot of similar stuff already.

The only one I would really want is the Lynx Rider, but that's not worth it for me.

It's great value if you want an Empire Army and some Undead and loads of buildings.

Feel a little bad about it, he's a great guy, but I need to spend the money on stuff I will use and print.

FROST gave me the impression of Northern Barbarians and stuff like Mammoths/Polar Bears etc.

That was the wrong impression, it's a town besieged by Undead in a hars Winter..

Anyway, the KS is a succes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
On 2/27/2021 at 1:55 AM, Glitterwolf said:

As it happens I cancelled my pledge for Iain Lovecraft Frost KS.

I have no use for most of  the buildings.

Most of the minis are cool but I have a lot of similar stuff already.

The only one I would really want is the Lynx Rider, but that's not worth it for me.

It's great value if you want an Empire Army and some Undead and loads of buildings.

Feel a little bad about it, he's a great guy, but I need to spend the money on stuff I will use and print.

FROST gave me the impression of Northern Barbarians and stuff like Mammoths/Polar Bears etc.

That was the wrong impression, it's a town besieged by Undead in a hars Winter..

Anyway, the KS is a succes.

For us it was easy.

Frostgrave, Rangers of Shadowdeep, Vanguard, Mordheim, fits with all of them.

But for ME, that bridge with houses on. There's a bridge in Bard's Gate that will be perfect for. And I have plans for the kids that involved that bridge and a dragon.

Step one, drive off the dragon, who is having a pretty good time going all Trogdor on those buildings, and enjoying the people running around like their hair was on fire. Because he HAS set their hair on fire!

Step two, track down the dragon, and make sure he never, ever has a chance to do that again.

In his head, this is a demonstration, to be followed with demands for wealth and sacrifices. Yeah, the damsel tied to the stake kind of sacrifices.

Bard's Gate is wealthy, and can afford the services of a band of heroes. 

The dragon is SCREEEWED!

• Haha 3

I don't play the games so for me it's only for painting and collecting. It needs to fit in my projects. I got Asian and Desert but this was just not for me.it is an awesome set though for gamers who want an Empire Army/play Frostgrave or something similar.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't play the games so for me it's only for paiting and collecting. It needs to fit in my projects. I got Asian and Desert but this was just not for me.it is an awesome set though for gamers who want an Empire Army/play Frostgrave or something similar.

Plus, I am pretty sure the bits and bobs will be available on Iain's site, eventually.

There are enough things that Megan, I, or both want that it is worth the price of admission for us.

But we play a LOT of RPG and miniatures games.

Heck, if/when the pagan retreat picks up again (not 2021, I'm afraid - we already cancelled for this year) I would not be surprised if we do a city table.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Plus, I am pretty sure the bits and bobs will be available on Iain's site, eventually.

There are enough things that Megan, I, or both want that it is worth the price of admission for us.

But we play a LOT of RPG and miniatures games.

Heck, if/when the pagan retreat picks up again (not 2021, I'm afraid - we already cancelled for this year) I would not be surprised if we do a city table.

The Auld Grump

Yeah, thing is I hardly print/use terrain.

I got a few things and that's enough for me, I only use it to display my armies in a nice setting, but if I would print it all, I would not have enough storage anymore.

As for the minis, I was hoping for something like mammoths/polar bears etc, and Iain made it clear he wasn't going in that direction.

No problem.

Still for most people, it's an awesome set.

Go for it!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

image.png.005f415a1c5ca8a1d081b7cd14e2d1dd.png

Pretty cool looking but luckily for me, Keiran Billings did a KS for something similar. I least I think he did, too many to recall, ha ha.

I know he was thinking about doing a bridge with buildings on it. Now that I post, I wondering if he did do it, & I got my files? hmmmm

Like @Glitterwolf I think that is why my initial reaction to this one was mixed. I liked the "frost" side of, but I could care less for the villagers & such (I never was into the Old English/Bretonnia look for fantasy stuff, unless I was playing WFRPG). Still it's quality stuff that shouldn't be overlooked if your into this.

• Like 3

My friend ended up backing, but just for $1 so he could get the Celtic and Viking add-ons in the pledge manager.  Those things he (and I since we eventually will again game together a lot) has a use for.  But no real use for The Frost.

• Like 4