Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
And here is my entry to complete the trio I did with @Thoramel and @Kuroneko. Many thanks to my partners, this was a fun one. As we did Disney villains for inspiration, I chose Mother Gothel from Tangled.
Serious apologies for the crummy picture, I have to figure out a better way of lighting them so the face doesn't get drowned out by light (bulbs may be too bright, might need cloth/cover over them to disperse the light?). Best pic I could get, the face looks worse than in person... and it's bad in person!
My own critique: face is blaaaah (had a not great cast to begin with, and then I overpainted and it got chunky from the layers), I forgot eyebrows, the little hip flask needs more work. And I feel like her eyes need some type of makeup. This pic doesn't do the magenta-ish robes justice, but I am particularly proud of them. Shadows turned out real well, I would have liked to get a brighter highlight but couldn't get a good color mixed and blended into everything else. Highlights higher all the way around.
And here's how my group's trio turned out together.
Well, it's the second month of the Reaper Challenge League and its time to post my February co-op entries. A massive 'thank you' to all my partners and please feel free to post your pictures in this thread.
First up is this handsome fellow, the Carrion Worm 77541. My partners with this mini were @Evilhalfling and @Pochi. I may have gone a little bit overboard with the goo, but it must be hard to use a toothbrush with those tiny little hands!
Second up is my entry with @Humansquish, Treasure Rocky 77918. I absolutely adore this little guy and I'm definitely going to use him as an opponent against my players when our lockdown finally ends.
Last but definitely not least is my Elf Cleric 77441, which is part of my Trio with @Thoramel and @ManvsMini, Our theme was "Disney Villans" and I decided to make things easy for myself by picking Ursula, the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid. I take roughly 20% of the credit for the tentacles, the rest belongs to my Tentacle Maker from Greenstuff World. My housemate has already called 'dibs' on this mini for use as a Big Bad in their first game post lockdown
Thanks for looking everyone! Any comments and/or criticism are very welcome.
By Conan the Painter
I already have the human blacksmith, but I wanted another blacksmith. Unfortunately I applied the paint to thick at parts (which didn't really help the fact that her face was kinda just a tiny glob already) but Ive got a wet palette that Ill be trying to use next time. I'm also absolutely awful at painting female faces, they always look ridiculous once I paint them haha. Anyways, and criticisms and advice are always welcome
Who's Online 17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)