I tried it last night and... wow!!!!

SuMicus

4,000 Points, League Match.

I played Silent Jon, once again... sighs...

I wanted to try new tactics I been thinking about...

These included my 2 Mastodons and 1 Rhino.

Thrown all together with a bunch of Light CAVS, Tanks and Air Support.

It actually worked!!! **Shocked!!

Just a few Highlights...

My Roster:

Section 1:

Rhino

Puma

Puma

Puma

Section 2:

Mastodon, w/ +1 WSO

Mastodon, w/ +1 WSO

Vanquisher

Vanquisher

Section 3:

Lance

Lance

Lance

Lance

Section 4:

Tsuiseki

Tsuiseki

Kharl

Kharl

Jon loves his Infantry!!! I kinda expected this...

"Any Intel is good Intel!!!"

Well, my 2 Mastodons performed like a single did by itself in other games...

"Rocking the Enemy's World!!"

Right off the bat, the Mastodons, targeted Jon's Standing tall and Proud, Fully Upgraded Ogre, and I mean fully upgraded:

+2 WSO

+2 Armor

Huge amount of points shoved into this CAV. It was leading a Gladiator, infantry and a 4 Tsuiseki Squadron on my right flank.

The Mastodons both Target locked and put a hurting on his PowerHouse of a CAV!!! (Taking it down to Track 4.) The Vanquishers launched their attack on the Infantry and Aircraft.

My next Activation my Rhino Locked on a Med. enemy CAV, Diff of 14, I rolled a "10"!!!!! KA-BLOOIE!!!! Smoking Boots, my 1st !!!

Later in the Game, I finished off the Ogre, and I did win... Not a slaughtering, but I did win...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess...

I also guess, we were playing "Few the Proud"... (**Scratching head.) He was at Elite Status, without any Veterans.... Hmmmmm... It doesn't matter, I had a good time.

KAMUT, nice Avatar!!! I know that GUY!!! Now, I want mine up there!! Just watch!!! Heheheheeee...

Last night was fun for me and Bruticus, though I mercilessly spanked him. We only played three full turns before it was all over.

Part of his problem is that he relies very heavily on the speed his Banshees have, and I know that all too well from playing against his CEF Hovertanks in Heavy Gear. I took out the whole section on my first two or three activations and it just sucked the heart right out of his battle plan (and the center out of his battle line). I was then able to work a wedge between his two main CAV sections and split my forces very effectively between them while my heavy mortars dealt with soft targets.

I was very surprised that he chose to run an Assassin that was on DT 3 right at one of my Centurions, essentially sacrificing it for a single DT of damage on the SuperHeavy. It was probably the least tactically sound maneuver I have even seen him make in any game we play. because I was going to dedicate what was left of my gunship section to take it out, and instead they got to join in on the pounding his spartans took on turn 2.

Like I said -- fun game.

"Target Podding"

Erion - Your words:

I was then able to work a wedge between his two main CAV sections and split my forces very effectively between them while my heavy mortars dealt with soft targets.

When using Mortars, is it a good idea to get Target Pods, to help honing in on infantry???

KAMUT:

Weekends at the Guild are actually bad for CAV, because of the Big Events that happen. Unless, you plan to meet someone at the Guild to play. This weekend is a WHFB Event... "Destroy the LightHouse Event".

I'm hoping another CAV event or League is planned soon... :wub:

Saturdays would be great for League play, if it weren't for the Scheduled Big Events....grrrrrrrrr!!!

Fear not, Kamut. My future BL events are going to be taking place on weekends. I'm going to be scheduling events using UCOR Wars scenarios at least once a month when that stuff starts to become available.

Plus, I'll be doing warlord demos as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of the rulebooks and get myself motivated to paint my Reven army. It'll give you a little taste of CAV 2.0. ^_^

Pics are around for some of the games and stuff, look in the show off section.

Fear????? hehehe, Bro, I have the utmost confidence in ya.

Well, this weekend I should be around, preferably on Saturday. I'll bring my Brothers HM stuff if any of you are still interested in trading. we're trying to build Zulu as a SyRAM/ Mitso Ta force.

If a pickup game is possible, I'll bring Tango with me for a spin. I got so many make up games to do, I wouldn't know which one to start with.