Sign in to follow this  
Restless

Thrasios, Triton Ranger of Theros, Hero Forge custom build

Wonderful job - you did an excellent job bringing out the details - what is your opinion of the print and what material is it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful job - you did an excellent job bringing out the details - what is your opinion of the print and what material is it? 

I like the quality of the print a lot. It is by far the best I've worked with for 3D printed minis. It shows some lines, but the surface is smooth and pleasant. 

The material I chose was Plastic which brings a mini to 19.99 USD. That is the cheapest option.

It's really fun to be able to position your mini any way you want to, however it is quite pricey, so I only use it if I can't find what I'm looking for on reapermini. The collection of art you can choose from to customize your mini is growing, however I still find it rather limiting. And they only offer humanoids, no monsters or animals on all fours or objects.

• Like 1

Nice job.  Love the freehand around the base edge, really lets the whole piece stand out.  The skin is also terrific.  You really nailed the flourescent appearance!

• Like 1

Very nice job, love the Greek design around the base edge. I agree they do make a nice figure (ordered one a while back) but yes, they are expensive.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thefub
      This was a repaint from earlier this year. I bought Quickshade Strong Tone for speed painting some of my board games and tried it in Woody. I liked the way it worked for the most part but as you can tell I got some frosting when I matte coated it. Another thing that happened was my paint cracked on my base but I kinda like the way it looks. I probably won't bother fixing any of the issues as I moved on to another figure I am struggling with.

• By JGroeling
      Fun and quick one for RCL new release. Have been aiming for a more dull/gritty looks wtih a lot of my recent figures. 

• By Darcstaar
      I take pics during WIP.
      But I tend to take a year off between posts to Show Off.

Link to WIP to follow.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88595-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-5-deladrin/&tab=comments#comment-1884050
      My model had a miscast to the right side of her face, so I just left it as an exaggerated shadow.  I went with an idea for eventually having a similar ranger-y type with seasonal Camo on her cloak, reversible with black on the inside.  This is the first.  Autumn.  The phone camera washes out my colors a fair bit, so I tried my best to true-up with image correction.  I hope you enjoy.

• By dks
      Here is my rendition of Pegasus, figure #516 in the Greek Odyssey expansion for the Bones V Kickstarter.
      I love the sense of motion, grace, and power in Julie Guthrie's sculpt.
      This is a resin master figure, not a production piece in Bones plastic. 

It took me waaaaay too long to paint this.  I got the figure more than a year ago but I couldn't decide on a color.  I ruled out the traditional "white horse with white wings" but that still left ... well, infinity-minus-one options. 
      I imagine this Pegasus flying along a sunny rocky coast.
      The pale buckskin colors are inspired by a photo of a mustang, and the wings by the juvenile (brown) plumage of some species of gulls, which I found in Sibley's encyclopedic bird book.  When I painted Reaper's peryton (also sculpted by Julie Guthrie), I took my cue from hawk wings, but this time I looked at birds other than raptors.  These wings seem to have a different shape from most hawks or eagles (falcons maybe), and I figured that Pegasus wouldn't have the colors of a carnivore/raptor.
      The turquoise-blue eyes tie in with the color of the water below.

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By lazarp
      I don't really like this sculpt, they've cut corners too much for my taste, but as I painted Drizzt it grew on me. Has some kind of charm and I like it now  hope you will too!

(click on the image for better quality)

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)