Sign in to follow this  
thefub

Thund Bloodwrack (77199)

My first figure 2021. I started painting about 2 years and took a year+ off from it. I decided to get back into and got some new paints and brushes for Xmas. Still working on my technique and would like to hear your opinion.

IMG_20210109_201717135.jpg

IMG_20210109_201614446.jpg

Edited by thefub
  • Like 21

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Nice mini!

What are are you struggling with?

Thank you.

I have trouble with washing and dry brushing. My washes don't seem to do anything but make things dirty and my dry brushing does not make things pop out.

I have had decent results with layering but I am not very patient sometimes, lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thefub said:

Thank you.

I have trouble with washing and dry brushing. My washes don't seem to do anything but make things dirty and my dry brushing does not make things pop out.

I have had decent results with layering but I am not very patient sometimes, lol. 

Ok.

Drybrushing.

It won't work on a flat surface.

You need a mini with raised details like fur, feathers, studded armor etc.

For example base colour is black, drybrush light grey .

So take that brush dip it into the paitn and then wipe almost all off on a paper towel.

Now test it on the towel and it should only show a little paint.

Then go over the raised surface, it should only bring out the raised surface and that will look good.

If you've touched too much, just take a small brush and repaint the base colour.

Washes.

Stir well.

They will creep into the nooks and crannies and yes over the whole model.

After using the wash, let dry.

Now repaint the mini with the base colour but leave the wash in the nooks and crannies to create a shadow.

You could of course not use washes, just create shadows and highlights with paint.

Hope this helps a little.

• Like 2

Another piece of advice I can give on washes; if you put in too much, you can dry off the wash brush and then use it to suck up the excess wash. I use a size 1 pointy brush with longer hairs so I have more control over it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this