• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Finally got back on to some painting.  It was a minor win, but just basing this dude feels good to be done.  One cool thing i thought was fun is that i put a footprint in the mud under his left foot.  Kind of a small, but cool detail. 

Done. 
    • By R2ED
      Got them based

• By R2ED
      3rd animal done this weekend, but feeling good making some good progress.  Still trying my best to commit to getting a few done every weekend.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  I watched another Dr. Faust painting video (the dude is my hero) and gathered some thoughts on how I wanted to approach this wolf.  Browns, tans, and a pink little tail.
      *  The two tones of Rust (Dark and Light) blended well across the two fur areas.  Bringing up the highlights from there was much easier using family of colors.
      *  Being VERY gentle with drybrushing and not rushing it, like I have in the past.  Thanks to much feedback I took a different approach on this and feel like it improved the outcome.
      *  I deepened some of the areas with Agrax Earthshade, but it didn't come out with as much definition as I wanted, so I swapped out for a glaze of German Black/Brown and it helped them a lot.  Win.
      *  Tusks look great, but took me about 5 different layers to get there.  

Misses:
      *  So...I clearly rushed my cleaning on this one and I kept finding more and more little mold lines.  It was making me crazy.  Shame on me!
      *  The mouth isn't as clean as it should be.  The coloration could be a brighter pink or something. 
      *  The exposed bone on the head the more I look at it, the less I like it.  Not sure how I can improve this, though.  Thoughts?
      *  Eyes, much like the bunnies were just black.  Needs something else to help it pop.
      *  Is the pink tail weird? 
      *  On the tail portion, I did laugh to myself making the nutsack stand out, but whoever made this model made that detail.  I laughed, but it needed to be done.  Sorry not sorry.

It took about an hour and a half, so I'm pretty happy with speed on this one.  Next up - basing.  Love the feedback if you've got any.

• By R2ED
      Got another bunny done for the weekend.  Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey.  I was interested in trying to match it.  Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it.  Came out pretty good!
      *  The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.  
      *  The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.  
      *  Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail.  Worked good enough.  Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.

Misses:
      *  I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose.  I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
      * The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more.  Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.

These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid.  Open to any feedback ya got.  

Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...

• By R2ED
      Finally the weekend!  What a wait it felt like to get here.  

With it being the Easter weekend, I figured it'd be fitting to do some bunnies.  I had hoped to make these for a family member and ship them out, but that didn't pan out.  However, getting them painted is still better than not.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  The butterscotch coloring I saw on some rabbits on Whidbey Island, I couldn't help but use as inspiration.  Matching them to how they came out, I'd say was better than I expected.
      *  Using very, very simple colors and just pushing the colors up with mixing them worked great!
      *  Making the details come out more by using very faint streaks of diluted paint worked great to give the impression of individual hairs sticking through.  I think this will be used in other models I do as well.  
      *  Eyes have a nice pop to them, but was thinking some more color would be good.

Misses:
      *  I was thinking of putting some wash in there to bring forward the creases, but I didn't want to lose that fun color.  Any suggestions?
      *  The eyes have a strangeness to them by highlighting the eye lids.  Would you all suggest doing dark instead of light around the eyes?
      *  Speaking of eyes I wasn't sure if putting a spot of white in there was good or not, so I held off.  

Pretty happy with how this little bunny came out.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)