Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

1 hour ago, R2ED said:

Magic effect?  What were you trying to pull off?  I'm curious to know what you had in mind. 

I tried to make him casting a cold magic spell with his right hand(cuz he's named Winterhand lol), almost like he was holding an action for dnd combat. The osl upon the book is not the best nor is the "glow" that i tried to achieve.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found WIP minis while packing up to move that I didn't even know I HAD.    After the Great Unboxing, I've got my work cut out for me.   Huzzah!  --OneBoot :D 

Wow so I had a goal of finished by midnight on sunday, didnt set an alarm, got lost in the fun of painting and I kid you not; I put my brush down at 11:59:57pm.    Here is Lysette, I'm calli

Working on shading and midtones. Thought the blue would be darker. I'm going to have to go over it again with something.      The group so far:  

Posted Images

This past weekend's successes. First, Domur Huntersmoon.  I went with a monochromatic blue and grey scheme to keep it simple and save time.  Sorry, the lighting is not the best in this photo. 

DSCN2054.jpg.d60350d0a16b61f46618032a7f24c8cd.jpg

One of the cats from Cats&Catacombs KS last year.   I started painting them right before lockdown and haven't been able to touch them since.  I'm happy with how this came out. 

DSCN2063.jpg.dd597ab6b6ca6a65e6ba6e9426b532c4.jpg

On my table this week:

DSCN2065.jpg.1434ea48706138fcb6375a512319be62.jpg

• Like 6

@Inarah love the kitteh! And that freehand on the book!! ::o: I also really like that subtle OSL on the wizard's hat. Very nice!

@crowsandbones I think you'd did a fine job on Vodelis! I really like how good face and robes turned out. Sometimes you just have to walk away from a mini, otherwise it's just diminishing returns. You can always go back and revisit your work later ^_^

I just wrapped up a 14 hour work day, and I'm wiped out. This is going to be a very busy month for me work wise, so I might have to limit myself to committing to just a single mini every week, just so I don't feel like I'm slacking if I can't get to more! 

• Thanks 1

@billeecats the books were done with waterslide transfers.  There's some on the wizard's book, but I couldn't get a good photo of it. I love those for details. 

Work happens.  March will be busy for a number of reasons.  Paint when you can. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Inarah ::):

I took your advice about doing enough to keep making progress, and did something different today by spending 30 mins or so basecoating a mini in the morning, since my evenings have been getting busier with work stuff. Feels better already. 

On a different note, do you make your own water slide decals? 

Edited by billeecats
  • Like 1

I do not.  I buy them when I can find them, usually at game cons. The set I used for those two models I got from a KS project.  It was all script and occult symbols for a certain game with warrior priests. I'm hoping they do a project with more sci-fi symbols and warning signs, graffiti, orange or yellow hazard stripes, etc. 

• Like 2

I was assigned a huge project at work last week and haven't had a chance to pick up a brush since. I will be painting this weekend for RVE and will hopefully finish something so I can post it. Otherwise, I am afraid I won't be on here much until I get this project on track or at least going smoothly. I hate it when management decides halfway through a project that someone should be in charge. And I am trying to get the house ready to sell and move - good times. At least everything should be done by the time Bones 5 arrives.

• Like 4

Just noticed some big changes to the spreadsheet — lots of green, lots of bookkeepers ledger green. What does the green signify?

Posted (edited)

I can't figure out what the heck the green is?   I have tried to change it, but somehow there's a formula or something locked in it.  One of the downside to a master list that everyone shares.  For the next bones 5 list, I'll lock all cells except for your column so there can't be alterations or changes someone accidently does.  No worries, though.  The main thing is the work everyone did is on there, but i can't figure out the green... i will soon.  Very very soon. 

Ps. We'll miss you in the meantime @Kate

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 1

I don't know how the green got there, I didn't do it, but I made it go away.  My guess is it was an error while attempting to do a colorfill of some blocks. 

Today was a long day but I have the rest of the week free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, R2ED said:

For the next bones 5 list, I'll lock all cells except for your column so there can't be alterations or changes someone accidently does.

Will that prevent adding new rows?  That is how I add new things when I find/confirm I have one.

Posted (edited)

@TGPsince the Bones 5 set is locked, it's going to be an unchanging list.  The current bones 4 (and others) list is a compiled inventory of what everyone has.  

Once we're in bones 5 mode, it's all hands on deck to paint that stuff, which was the goal with Paint Club.  Not to say we can't sprinkle in some others, but that bones 5 list should be locked.  Make sense?  I'm also open to suggestions here since this isn't exactly a dictatorship.  

@Inarahthanks for getting rid of the green.  Odd how it was there.  I tried to get rid off it a few times, but didn't know why it was showing up.  #spreadsheetqueen

We're only weeks away though...so excited! 

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since the spreadsheet is updated with bones 5 listings, should we start putting in what we ordered or wait til it shows up? I didn't order all of it, but I got plenty still to work on when something is chosen that I don't have. All the painted ones in the picture are the rest of my old Mageknight minis that still need to be stripped, painted and put on proper bases.

IMG_20201225_013031_359.jpg

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Let me just finish off the list and the names.   Then we'll start loading it up!   Should be awesome! 

All good @Ambrousis. Do your thing in the spreadsheet 2nd tab.  Add x's to any you have coming.  That goes for anyone. I imagine our focus will be on Core Set, but we'll see. 

And I'm insanely jealous of your setup.  

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 1

I'm realizing now that I'm in wave 25, hopefully will receive my package before too long but I'm definitely gonna be lagging behind everyone on the paint club, hopefully it's cool that I keep doing my thing while you guys dive in. 

• Like 2