Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

R2ED

@crowsandbones  I have used a wash over silver to dull it down. What you propose should give you a nice effect.  Keep your shadows really dark and go easy on the bright highlights. Can't wait to see how it comes out. 

I put some time in yesterday and this morning, but not enough to finish anything yet.  It's not raining today, so I'll be painting the deck again this afternoon. 

• Like 2

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week wan not a good week as painting goes.  I ended up working an extra shift and outside activities kept me from painting.  I did get a good start on the cyclops I am painting and it looks like this will be a light work week for me.  So here’s to this week being better than last week.  

• Like 2

Team, i apologize i haven't added my weekly stuff.  I ended up with a neck injury that makes it impossible for me to lean into my work like i normally do.  I'm dying to get that brush back on some minis, but my neck needs to give me some slack so i can.  

To make sure this is a positive post, i wanted to share what happened.  I have been working out again now that i got my vaccination.  However,i only had the first one.  I overdid my routine and got over ambitious and ended up pulling a shoulder muscle.  Then with the muscles all sore,i get my 2nd shot and it went into overdrive.  So, good news:  working out again and vaccinated.  Downside was got sick and the shot exacerbated my neck pain.  

I'll get back into the seat again.  Soon i hope! 

• Like 3

Oof. Feel better! Muscle relaxers to the rescue? 

I have my second shot scheduled tomorrow. The first one was fine, except it triggered an autoimmune issue, and I've been dealing with that flare up for the last three weeks. It's not terrible, except my vision in my right eye is completely shot until this subsides (hence the no painting for me the last few weeks). I'm still grateful to have gotten the vaccine though, so I'll take this health hiccup over the other potentially more severe consequences.

• Like 2

My house closes on May 11 and we haved moved most of our stuff that was still in the house. Just have the garage and two sheds to go. My new painting room is in a state of complete disaster but all the paint is unpacked so when Bones 5 arrives I can start - maybe sooner.

• Like 3

Good luck to everyone in the throes of Real Life.  @Kate hope the move goes well and you don't lose/misplace much.  @billeecats that stinks, wishing you a speedy recovery.  @R2ED I did much the same, worked out a little too hard, got stuck in the arm on the same day and couldn't move for a couple of days, on top of a week of fatigue.  

Somewhere in my basement is a ~4x8 box of loose metal figures I carefully packed over a year ago, and haven't seen since. I'm hoping to find it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finished innkeeper sophie last night while watching Reaper Live, and then I won a gift card! Gonna use it to buy some paint colors that Anne Foerster recommended during her streams.

Sophie's skin tones arent what I envisioned but I think she is tabletop ready and I personally feel good about how I'm progressing as a miniature painter. Practice makes better! 

For my next mini, I've picked Annoyed Rocky the dragon(with the dragonfly on its tail).

I need a white dragon wyrmling for an upcoming campaign and I think this will be fun to drop on the table.

20210429_204248.jpg

• Like 2

@crowsandbones  congrats on the win! 

Sophie looks nice.  I see some texture in places where the paint got a little thick as you were applying it, so I'd suggest thinning just a bit more as you're adding layers.  The yellow looks really fresh, and I like how you did the mugs. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

@crowsandbones  congrats on the win! 

Sophie looks nice.  I see some texture in places where the paint got a little thick as you were applying it, so I'd suggest thinning just a bit more as you're adding layers.  The yellow looks really fresh, and I like how you did the mugs. 

For the yellow, I used Mustard Yellow for shadows and worked up to Beacon Yellow(old Heavy Gear color) for the highlight.

The mugs were a speed paint using Citadel Runefang steel and a wash with Nuln oil, I thought they came out surprisingly well!

Oh and yeah I had a couple issues with wet blending, haven't nailed the consistency for that technique yet.

Thanks!

Edited by crowsandbones