Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

R2ED

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bones 5 order has arrived!!! OMG IM SO STOKED! So far I can only do the initial damage inspection - my pirate ship box has a nasty dent, but the ship itself seems unharmed. Alas I am at work(had my order shipped to my job because our neighborhood has had package thieves in the past) so inventory will have to wait until tonight. I snuck a peek and noticed that I got Sophie's Lucky Dice... I cannot explain why I'm so excited to have them... they will live behind my DM screen forever now.

• Like 2

I think we had decided to start with Death and/or the Celestial Stag for our first figures. Which of the two dudes with scythes is Death? The one holding an hourglass or the one swinging the scythe? To be safe I am prepping both.

My shelves of shame are now officially a room of shame.  I think I will be bring several large totes to ReaperCon just so that I can use every spare minute to get painting done.

• Like 2

Alright, Team.  I'm unboxed mostly.  I spent a money of hours just going through these beauties.  However, my paint station is wrecked because I'm moving stuff around to make a new space.  I'm aiming for Sunday completion.  

This is a great thing to have all our stuff and everyone's jazzed. 

• Like 3

I haven't found my dice yet, I think I might be one of the ones that didn't get one. I'll email reaper about them and any other issues I have once I finish going through them all. Though if the dice is all I'm missing I might just skip it. I know its wrong to say, but I've got plenty of dice as it is.

Edited by Ambrousis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buckyball said:

You gonna paint those miniatures or whistle Dixie?

LOL, dunno about him, but I whistled. While I assembled. :lol:

I've got most of my core set assembled now, except a handful of minis that I want to basecoat before assembly. The expansion sets are more or less all pre-assembled, except for the larger minis. I do still need to go through each expansion properly, but I don't *think* I am missing anything from my order except two sets of 2" bases. 

The celestial stag and grim reaper have now appeared on my painting table. 

PXL_20210729_032511074_MP.jpg

Edited by billeecats
  • Like 2

I picked those two so you can pick which one (or both)  you want to do.  Trying to keep a variety each week will be good so it's not only one type.  Just finished pulling out the bolt in shelving that was in this closet (soon to be office), spackled the holes, and painted.  Next up, trim. Then i get to fill it with my stuff.  Wooo hooo. 

Previous color from prior homeowner. 

20210728_234352.thumb.jpg.0ff99bb1134f74dd7666148f7fc06619.jpg

New color.

20210728_234405.thumb.jpg.0ed2e01e5a9c928abb392f6d9c65896a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a lot of conference calls this week so I was able to do some assembling - I am on my second bottle of gorilla glue. The pile next to my desk seems undiminished. I still have the majority of the core set and a big bag from the various expansions. Sadly, I have to do actual work today and my assembly has come to a temporary halt. The weekend will be dedicated to organizing I think and hopefully painting. I have started base coating the Reaper and have some ideas for the stag.

And I just got a box of MORE stuff from Dungeons and Lasers - buried in plastic.

• Like 2

@Katedang!  I am waiting on that same rapid delivery box from Archon Studios too!  What side of the county are you on?  

.... not like i need it right now. 

.... but i kind of need it right now. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.