Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, R2ED said:

@billeecatsnice effect on the hourglass, btw

Thanks! I keep fiddling with it, but I should probably just leave it be instead of making it worse. I'm going to call it a night here (it's 3 AM!) but all that remains now is to highlight the staff and the red wraps on his arm and on the scythe. Then this reaper is done.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Each week was the goal.  It's everyone up for a two week stretch? 

On that note i finished this book keeper.  Not... my... favorite.  Was difficult with all the little buckles and straps. 

20210808_195518.jpg

And this beastie. 

20210808_195945.thumb.jpg.48a95686c926889e8aaf79dd0d271c06.jpg

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Each week was the goal.  It's everyone up for a two week stretch? 

Maybe we can keep it a little loose until everyone is ready to go full steam?

I'm just now done with the Grim Reaper, so I'm 3 minis behind at this point. No light box pictures at this time, but he's as done as he's going to get. 

PXL_20210809_030635734_MP.thumb.jpg.10b2e62439869a5f03c7c06e61f2ab48.jpgPXL_20210809_030649191_MP.thumb.jpg.2ca02bc54d51d508f0f3af96593cbb5f.jpg

Here's what the stag looks like right now. He's going to get done up with whites and purples, and maybe a rainbow mane. He's my spirit of the forest. (Also pictured: what happens to my nail when I don't wear a glove while painting.)

16284787024802518883435005699389.thumb.jpg.2245091e74f3dabedd00f5941e14ebc9.jpg

• Like 1

@billeecatsthe Reaper looks solid! Nice work on your fading blade.  I suck at transitions. 2 things i want to learn:  NMM and OSL. Both elude my current skill. 

Two weeks it is.  Bookkeeper and basilisk go for another week.  I am very curious what the next picks will be. 

• Like 1

@Hibougreat... so now it's only me who's not doing nmm.  You are all forcing me to do this.  

scythe is what i should have said, but reaper mower has a better ring to it. 

• Haha 1

@Hibou I like how you gave the scythe an edge! It looks so good. I consisted doing that earlier when I still thinking of doing a metal scythe, but my NMM ability is...err...very limited. 

@R2ED NMM is my current I-need-to-learn-this itch. I'm terrible at it, but gotta start somewhere, thus also the trim on Darius' robes. My OSL skills are non-existent. I've never tried it, but who knows what the future holds. 

Fun fact: That scythe was supposed to look like glass. Goes to show how much I need to up my game because it's not apparent at all 😂

Oh also, I saw some great videos on TMM shading so the next mini I paint that has metal on it, I'm going to try that. 

• Thanks 1

Got base coats on the basilisk, this last week was crazy for me so the extra week is appreciated. Dont know where I'm going with the base but the colors I used on the basilisk so far are creamy ivory, bright turquoise, and lotus orange.

@R2EDI think your moneylender looks great!

20210809_002002.jpg

• Thanks 1

Friday the ac will be installed for the garage, then I can start painting full speed. I'll catch up as best as I can. Then I'll probably fall behind again next month when I run away for PAX, hopefully I'll find a few fun minis too bring home and share while I'm up there.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.