Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great idea! Tell me, is the work in progress, or have you finished your sessions? I am now writing an essay about the effectiveness of different learning methods (including painting). I always find it difficult to pick a title correctly, so I used the help of https://gradesfixer.com/essay-title-generator/, but this is still not the main thing. Could you share your impressions of drawing sessions? Did you like it? Did this motivate you to learn?

Edited by Deasywin
  • Confused 1

One down. 

20210918_101713.jpg

Having a hard time with these two. 

I feel like my creative juices failed me here.  Colors are very bad. 

Still working, but not pleased. 

20210918_134752.thumb.jpg.d86b00d5f3189d9a343d1203c3862644.jpg

20210918_134733.thumb.jpg.a73ee89df8741a7a7184bf33ef4c8b2d.jpg

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, R2ED said:

This ain't getting better.  I'm not likng this one.  Tried highlighting.  Tried adding color.  Just didn't work. 

20210918_174336.jpg

I know you're not happy with this one, but he looks quite good to me. With the gold and yellow, he reminds me of the skeleton king from Diablo. 

I've been a little distracted trying to get the duo and trio for the Reaper Challenge League done so that other people aren't waiting on me. That's just about done now, just have a couple things to fine tune on the Sister Hazel mini. I also need to put some final touches on the dread wolf, and then I can start the skellies! 

(I'll also step through the spreadsheet today and mark off whatever I've finished from the Bones 5 stash.) 

23 hours ago, R2ED said:

One down. 

20210918_101713.jpg

And before I forget, this guy looks GREAT! The shading on his cloak is *chef's kiss*. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone up for kicking into Halloween theme stuff? I usually try to do a diorama for my kid, but not sure what anyone else thinks? 

Screenshot_20210924-183151_Gallery.jpg.90c01051c5cf70fbb6d6dfae890e21ec.jpg

I was thinking giving these two a shot. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      This little guy is just a background piece so i wanted him to be simple.  I picked his color scheme to use red and green.  Someone mentioned to try shading green with red so i thought, why not?   His tunic is green shaded with red. 

Testing a new style of painting with the deep shading around the eyes (because i wanted to be lazy... don't judge me).

Would love your feedback. 

• By R2ED
      Normally i wait to post show off once I'm done basing.  In this case, I was just using it to test some colors.  

Using the color wheel, i picked a triad i tight was fun.  I figured this gross figure needed a green belly.  From there i looked at what made up the triad: orange and purple.  Challenge accepted. 

I took the green bottom and touched it up with a hint of purple.  Then took the orange and did the same on top. I noticed the orange didn't take to showing the detail well, so i added a hint of yellow in the mix and it helped contrast the shaded spots.  Still wanted more.   Made a light wash of that purple and filled in the sections and gaps in the chitin.  Worked well. 

For a three color combo it sure does look weird, but also some how works.  I'm digging this color theory thing. 

Here's the progress photos.

• By R2ED
      This one took a lot more time than i planned.  2.5 nights of work.  The killer of it was all the layers with translucent paint.  Keeping them thin to not get streaking was difficult.   But i did it and it's done. 

Proud moment for me is the eye.  

Done! 

• By R2ED
      This one is taking me forever! 

I'm at a standstill with doing this eyeball. I also can't tell if i need to change the weird yellow i did around the eye.  I'm also struggling with the pumpkin lights in the heads.

Overall I'm struggling and need suggestions. 

Here's where I'm at: 

Here's the progress photos

• By R2ED
      I challenged myself to knocking one out in 40 minutes.  This was another pick from paint club, so I was wanting to get it done and get to another.  

This little guy was fun to push with wet blending. It was hard for me to highlight only up to the pink, and man that stuff is a one coat and done!  Gotta really thin it out or it'll be cotton candy.   

I ended up sticking to a 5 color rule.  My 5th color was the black brown on the nails.  It's not in the palette photo, but i did have some left on my palette from the orc chief earlier today.  

I like the little belly and inner leg transition.  Wet blending for the win. 

Really this would be more adorable than ominous.  Guess he'll just have to deal with the other gargoyles talking about him being the flamboyant one of the group.  "There goes Gorag again..." 

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)