Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

R2ED

Thank you :blush: That was a second attempt after I thoroughly botched her face the first time. 

The belt buckles are a mess, but my hands shake because of a medical condition and that's about as good as I can get that. 

The staff is obviously very much a work in progress. I've just blocked off some colors and I'm still working on that and the scabbard. The hilt of the sword and her boot is also just color blocked. 

Her hair... I wanted to make it a silver blond, but I have no idea how to proceed there. Same for her underskirt. Maybe another coat there, since I can still see the dark base through it. 

Everything else...is good enough for my super amateur self, though I might glaze the skirt just to pare down the contrast a bit. 

This paint club is great! I procrastinate so much otherwise. Thank you for putting it together @R2ED

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I am walking away from my Jakob for the week.  I don’t like how the knife scabbard came out.  I am reasonably pleased with the face coat and my amateurish attempts at NMM on his sword and greaves but not on the medallion.  506A5FE2-6AAD-4428-96DA-20A09271EFFE.thumb.jpeg.f5dedf6f82258edd4013288abbe11464.jpeg 

• Like 4

@Inarahwait, Jakob has a brother?  How did i not know this? Good color scheme across all three.  Would you say that's a hunting party? Dig.

I'm going to pick our next two models.  Since we don't have a match for all participants, I'll have to pick a set a few of us have.  Might be that a few have to do one that is not on the list.   If we can agree to that, I'll pick the two.  If ya'll would prefer to simply pick one of your shelf of shame instead, that's cool too.  

The point is to get painting done my next Sunday.  Let me know what you'd prefer. 

• Like 2

Alright, let's do this round as everyone pick your mini.  If it's on the list, so be it. 

This will be a good opportunity to pick one you've had your eye on, but lacked the motivation to pick it up.  I've got quite a few primed and needing to be completed. 

I'll pick Chaos Toad and Blink Barenwicket.

Make sure to say the one you're going to do so we can keep you aiming for your goal as a group.

I put a number above the column for your name on the spreadsheet for the mini you've posted.  I'll red the square that was done, too.

Here we go week two!  I'm grateful to have people getting stuff done in this forum. 

@Kate, @TGP, @crowsandbones, @OneBoot, just remember to post your work if/when you can. 

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 2

Wow so I had a goal of finished by midnight on sunday, didnt set an alarm, got lost in the fun of painting and I kid you not; I put my brush down at 11:59:57pm. 

Here is Lysette, I'm calling her finished. I really struggled with the glowing sword, gonna have to chalk this up to a lesson of what not to do.

So many firsts for this challenge...

First makeup on a face, first galaxy cloth, first magic glowing weapon(even tho it failed), first time with lining(also still learning) and first Bones USA model. 

Now I'll go look at the list for the next model and clean up the paint desk.

20210208_001341.jpg

20210208_001349.jpg

Here is the best pic of her makeup and glittery bits.

20210208_001334.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Crowsandbows it looks great!  I admit i find myself doing things that I'm not familiar with when pushing to post something.  These exercises are so valuable to me in order to find a reason to both test myself and hopefully find something that others can gain from too.  I'm glad you pushed to get this done and got the mark! Woop woop!

• Thanks 1

It turns out that last week was all about getting the house ready to sell - finish tiling and sealing the new shower and removing the old fiberglass one. I have no skill in drywall and flooring so I should have time to paint this week. I found one of the boxes from my shelf of shame so will likely be finishing some stone giants this week. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Kate said:

It turns out that last week was all about getting the house ready to sell - finish tiling and sealing the new shower and removing the old fiberglass one. I have no skill in drywall and flooring so I should have time to paint this week. I found one of the boxes from my shelf of shame so will likely be finishing some stone giants this week. 

Sounds like you are super busy and deserve some R&R! I'm excited to see your version of the stone giants, I've got a couple of them waiting for paint.

• Like 3