Book Club, but for minis - Reaper Club?

R2ED

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the elves, those greens and gold look terrific.  Where is that terminator robot from?  Your metal is so smooth!  

I got so many figures on my paint table right now.  We had a small local paint con last weekend and I broke out half a dozen big guys to work on, and then got none of them painted.  I did do a few speed paint just for fun and even got a 2nd place prize for one of them: 

DSCN2750.jpg.b71d283474e973aaf778fb518d60d41d.jpg

Finished up this thing last night: 

DSCN2751.jpg.33b4af3a821c455c13f3a1624d54bcb0.jpg

Also finished a wall of thorns, still have a 2nd handful of these to assemble and paint: 

DSCN2752.jpg.215fccf31ec467afc12f5cf354aa395e.jpg

And half-orc (ogre?) female is done.  Tried to put some color on her so she wasn't all green and black, not sure it works, but I'm done messing with it. 

DSCN2753.jpg.9e4ece4ea74c9c2456c64468c6079fd1.jpg

Now I need to find that barbarian I was working on and get her finished for our game tomorrow. 

• Like 3

@Inarahwell well well! You've been busy Inarah.  I am impressed with the tree-skull-golumn thing.  I looked at it and didnt even know how to approach it.  I like the subtle colors. 

As for the metal dude, he's part of the warhammer 40k universe.  Think of him like an Egyptian old dead guy incased in metal.  They're called Necrons.  

The metal work is dry brushing lightly in layers over black.  First with a bronze color, then a steel color.  Thanks for the comment.  I thought it looked too simple, so I appreciate the feedback.

Like you, I have a bunch needing paint.  I'm kind of overwhelmed on where to start.  As painful as you said the wall of thorns were to setup, they look cool.   Nice work! 

• Like 1

I'd like to get a few of those necron guys, they'd be cool for Stargrave. 

I've been pushing to get things finished this week.  While working on more complicated figures I use the extra paint on my palette for other models.  As a result, this guy got done today: 

DSCN2763.jpg.b4b72a0430b750d5f6c1c70036cf04d0.jpg

The female cat barbarian figure is done but I didn't photograph it.  I'm pretty close on some others that have been hanging around a while. 

• Like 2

I bought the cyber punk paint colors from vallejo, because stupid Miniature market had to do another sale... jerks. 

This is using their paint guide.  Not bad.  Not great. 

20220311_211147.thumb.jpg.74e33c2aec3e36f703746d45be8d254b.jpg

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 2

Love that cat barbarian.  I've tried painting kobolds before and sucked.  I have some speedpaints coming my way.  Might be a good way to bust them out quickly. 

Nice detail getting the whiskers, too.

24 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Love that cat barbarian.  I've tried painting kobolds before and sucked.  I have some speedpaints coming my way.  Might be a good way to bust them out quickly. 

That was part of the reason I did 4 at once, hardly worth getting the paint out for one of them.  My GM wants more skeletons for Friday night, I'm going to see if I can get 6 of them ready by then.  At least, primed and washed with ink or liner. 

• Like 1

More stuff from my desk: 

DSCN2770.jpg.cbd494c3bc204715f40379018040b600.jpg

Trying to do the centaur paint along, but getting a bit behind.  Also following an older paint along for the troll.  Lots of video, not much time for watching it. 

Brushed these up this week.  Going to try the silver over bronze effect.  They won't be finished for tonight's game, but they are good enough to put n he table for now. 

DSCN2771.jpg.daf45661d9cb7abcb04534587877908a.jpg 

• Like 2