Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I'm great at procrastination. It's one of my best skills. But I finally finished all these minis which have been on my desk for a while. Mostly trying to get them out of the way so I can work on my diorama.
First off, and proudest, The Jester! He's a conversion of the stonehaven gnome skeleton into a skeletal jester. It's a living doll that attached itself to one of the characters in our current campaign.
Next we have a little crystal dragon. I took the spiretop drake and ice imp from the plastic WotC minis, and put them together to make it. The dragon is supposed to look like the Skylander Flashwing.
And here's my Lysette, from the beauty pageant in October. Pretty pleased with her
Gus the Innkeeper!
Finally, Sir Forscale, the Green Knight! I painted him green and silver for Hubby. Those are his favorite colours
Hope you enjoy them all
I am a big fan of the HeroQuest board game, which I played with my dad and brother in the 90s. Lots of happy memories. Well, now I am the dad and my kids have gotten into my old game of HeroQuest! There were only two problems. First, we were missing the dwarf figure. Second, the heroes are all male, which didn't seem very fair to my daughter. So I decided to solve both problems with help from my collection of unpainted bones.
First, the barbarian. My daughter requested a purple dress and blue hair. So how could I resist? She also asked for either a heart or flower pattern on the shield, so I decided to make a flower out of hearts.
My son chose the dwarf, and wanted him kept fairly close to the box art. So I kept him in reds and browns, with a white beard. He made the base out of sculpey with a little help from me. He wanted lots of bones and stuff on the base, so I gave him an old skeleton mini and let him cut it up and glue the bits onto the base.
The elf I had already painted, but my daughter thought she was "the most beautiful" so I just touched her up a bit and attached her to a new base. Unfortunately she went on just a little crooked.
The wizard was also already painted, and just got a touch up and a new base. My son requested a bit of scroll on the base, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.
All the bases were done in sculpey and painted to look like squares from the HeroQuest game board. I can't wait to play our first game with the new party! Comments and criticism appreciated :).
These are two figures I did for table top. I started Lysette awhile back before I learned a different way to do eyes. When I picked her back up, I decided not to redo the eyes so she has a "deer in the headlights" look about her. I tried several different things on her - glazing, a little "what happens if I add purple and yellow to her red hair?", and a touch of two brush blending.
Alastriel also got to be a guinea pig. She got my first dark skin tone, two brush blending, and freehand. It was a good lesson in what worked and what didn't and how to improve on the next one. Alastriel isn't based yet. I think she may get some sand.
Anyway, I have just been trying out some different techniques and trying to up my skill. I want to enter a painting competition so I need more practice!
I've been working on my set of bones I (and now bones II).
First up are the PCs in my Pathfinder group. I painted them up for each player- the ninja in the back is from another manufacturer. 77076 is a new PC- that only lasted for 3 sessions before dying (again). The player has killed her PC 3x in dramatic ways.
Next up I have a slew of Skull and Shackles villains:
From the new bones, it's Mr. Bones II
The rest are all works in progress.
The cultists and hellknights:
I still have the others (and one metal one) to paint up- I'm still trying to figure out what kind of theme (and how to paint black armor better!).
Sea devils and wereshark:
Finally some devils to complete the campaign:
They're currently level 11 and starting book 4 of the Skull and Shackles path- we've been meeting biweekly for about 8 months.
Feedback, suggestions, etc are very welcome. Thanks for looking.
You know, no matter how hard I try to get smooth blends on the face, I just can't get away from the stippling effect. Anyone have any thoughts? I rushed the end of this, so in hindsight would have put more definition into her corset. I went for an autumn theme, given the season. I think I google imaged autumn colors- there's an awful lot of fashion info out there that is very useful for palette planning. Enjoy!
Colors- flesh is fair skin with some pure white, blood red and intense brown. Eyes/eye makeup are IMEF olive. Hair is ruddy brown, blood red, saffron sunset and sun yellow. Shirt soft blue, I think some peacock green shadows and pure white. Skirt is blood red, saffron sunset and pure white. I usually start wet blending, then do glazed layers on top.
edit- I also used sun yellow on the skirt and forgot to list it!
Who's Online 6 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)