Sign in to follow this  
Samedi

14296 Winged Serpent

The Mayan color scheme works well on this figure, great job. Regarding the shelf of shame, I have a pre-slotta GW elf I need to strip, what process did you use for yours? I've never stripped a figure before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Poilu_1914 said:

Regarding the shelf of shame, I have a pre-slotta GW elf I need to strip, what process did you use for yours? I've never stripped a figure before.

My go-to-method is to soak the mini in ethanol for a few days, followed by scrubbing with a toothbrush, more alcohol (on the brush, not for me...) and a lot of curses. ::D:

It works for the reaper figures made out of pewter that have just recently been painted. I have no experience with plastic minis, plastic bases or even different pewter alloys, so be very careful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aww.. He's so cute!  I love the wings and the attention paid to the head.  It sort of looks like he's waiting for dinner...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

It sort of looks like he's waiting for dinner...

Thank you! His pose somewhat reminded me of a heron, with the intense stare and the lowered head. While I was painting him I thought about how he was hunting the fish in the water below him - or, at least, checking them out.

I learned from the maya paintings I used for inspiration that the grown up serpents eat humans. But maybe the young ones start with fish.::D:

• Like 1

Nice color choice, they all work beautifully together. I also love the base, the waves "foam" and the transition between blues is perfect.

• Thanks 1

I like it! 

Congrats on depopulating your shelf of shame a bit. 

Little critters like this are perfect opportunities to try new color schemes and basing techniques.

Thanks for the fun facts.  Amazing to think how our languages affect the ways in which we perceive the world.

Derek

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this