TLYrhFg.jpg

Sticking him up high worked! Thanks @Glitterwolf!

Did the remaining furry bits, some of these were in awkward places so I kept it simple with a base of Cold Grey, a sort of drybrush/highlight of Off-white and then a Black Wash.

There were also some straps (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Bonewhite > Brown Wash).

Just the axe to go.

• Like 13
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello there! Now it's no secret that I'm a fan of Games Workshop minis, there's two problems with this though, I can't paint armies (I've tried, I lose interest after the first few minis) so I mi

Did the little tree trunk (Red Leather/Parasite Brown), the leaves (Sick Green), the wheaty bits (Ochre Yellow) and grass (Medium Olive), drybrushed it all Ochre Yellow (added some Off-white to the mi

Sticking him up high worked! Thanks @Glitterwolf! Did the remaining furry bits, some of these were in awkward places so I kept it simple with a base of Cold Grey, a sort of drybrush/highlight of

On 2/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, Glitterwolf said:

I like him. 

Undead are my favorite race and this is a great mini. You're doing great!

Thanks!

I like undead too, which is fortunate as there's a lot of it in my future.

D5eqnhy.jpg

It took me 4 days, but I finally finished painting his axe! (I haven't been well)

The Blade is Pure Black/Stormy Blue > Aqua Turquiose > Black Wash > Aqua Torquiose > Chrome, while the handle is Medium Olive/Leather Brown > Sepia Wash > Medium Olive/Off-white drybrush.

I was also given the suggestion of trying a Purple Wash on his shoulderpads, doesn't really show in the piccy, but it looks pretty neat in hand.

With the Champion almost finished, I started the next one:-

0llnyBr.jpg

Padean the Barbarian.

So far his skin is a basecoat of Barbarian Flesh/Dwarf Flesh with a Flesh Wash.

• Like 10

Woot! Double update day!

Since the Champion isn't an proper Underworlds mini, he doesn't have a fancy themed base, and so was easy to wrap up:-

ADtgxct.jpgsxvY05f.jpg8f6JSy4.jpg

Once a mighty gladiator in the fighting pits of ancient Thrul (the ruins of which Silverton is now built upon), on the darkest of nights the Champion can be seen wandering the streets, looking for a worthy opponent to test himself on.

Happy with how he turned out, but also happy he's off the table and I no longer have to try and photograph him!

Also did a bit more to Padean:-

yNKPtP9.jpg

Added highlights of Barbarian Flesh/Dwarf Flesh and Barbarian Flesh/Dwarf Flesh/Light Flesh to his skin, then used some thinned Barbarian Flesh/Dwarf Flesh to smooth things out.

Also gave him some Old Rose scars.

• Like 10

XKEpd1a.jpg

Padean now has hair (Fire Orange/Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow/Off-white > Sepia Wash) and a shoulder-pad (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze > Polished Gold).

Harness and pants next. 

• Like 9

Feeling blargh today, but I got a bit done:-

NLxP5SR.jpg

Did the straps of his harness (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Bonewhite > Brown Wash) and the clippy bits (Brassy Brass > Brown Wash > Brassy Brass > Polished Gold > Purple Wash).

I'll try painting his pants tomorrow, if I'm feeling less blargh. 

• Like 8
On 3/2/2021 at 7:30 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Good progress!

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised I haven't got bored of these yet, I must be getting more patient as I got older.

ALIcGE6.jpgXaxAiTd.jpg

Painted his pants and loincloth (Steel Grey > Black Wash > Steel Grey > Steel Grey/Ghost Grey with Iraqi Sand stitches), I also made a start on his pouch and boots (Brown Leather/Red Leather), did some Bronze on his sword and gave it all some Brown Wash.

• Like 11
22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great so far.

I like your style.

Thanks! Although I still see it as just colouring them in rather than an actual painting style.

HMIewl5.jpg

Finished the leather bits with highlights of Brown Leather/Red Leather and Brown Leather/Red Leather/Ochre Yellow.

Then I painted his sword blade (Pure Black > Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel > Chrome > Black Wash), annoyingly, my Chrome highlights went a bit wide in places and even after I fixed it with Oily Steel, the Chrome still shines through when the light catches it :angry:

Furry boot tops next.

• Like 10

5X3c6HL.jpg

Painted his furry boots (Stone Grey/Ghost Grey > Black Wash > Stone Grey/Ghost Grey > Ghost Grey/Off-white).

And then, with his fancy base done, he's finished (Well, almost, I've spotted I got a dot of something on one of his arms):-

5stSoK8.jpg5b3D6Bz.jpg

7D4TzKA.jpghUbqorx.jpg

Padean is a minor member of the Snake Roots, one of the larger Barbarian tribes found on the vast plains of western Morinth.

Decided to do a not so naked one next, so it's Laserians turn:-

UUiy54R.jpg

He's an angry, angry man.

Painted his skin (Dwarf Skin > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Skin > Dwarf Skin/Light Flesh > Thinned Dwarf Skin Glaze), he also got Bronze scalp studs, Leather Brown dot eyes and Iraqi Sand teeth.

• Like 11
On 3/13/2021 at 4:46 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Good work on both not-Krell and the barbarian fellow!:winkthumbs:

Will you be doing the newest guy in a Khornate color scheme?

Thanks!

Yeah, this one's going to be in traditional colours, I'll be a bit more experimental with the other guys in the gang.

bB08Ubd.jpg

Remembered why I dislike painting coloured armour.

Painted the trim (Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze > Polished Gold > Purple Wash) and then the armour itself (Starting with Scarlett Red, then a targeted Black Wash in the recesses, tidied with Scarlett Red, highlighted with Bloody Red, another Scarlett Red tidy, another highlight of Bloody Red/Ochre Yellow and then a Glaze of Red Wash).

Next is the chainmail and various pointy bits.

• Like 10